Environmental Assessment and Site Analysis
This guide is intended for students and faculty of Architecture, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography, and Urban Planning. Particular focus of this guide is the Montreal region. It includes digital maps, geospatial data, scientific data, census data, and useful websites.
Please note: This guide is to be used as a starting point for site analysis and environmental assessment of a location. This guide doesn't include print maps, nor does it include how to find articles or books about Environmental Assessment and Site Analysis.
Digital Maps and Geospatial Data
- Cartographic Plan Drawings (Land Use Drawings). City of Montreal 2006.
- Digital aerial photographs and orthophotos
- Drift-Thickness Contours, Montreal Island, Québec
- Historical Maps and Atlases
- Montreal Urban Community Landuse File. 1996 and 2001.
- Surficial Geology, Montreal Island, Québec
- Satellite Imagery
- Vegetation Zones and Heat Island Zones, Island of Montreal
- Canadian Census Data from ESTAT. 1986-2006.
- Canadian Climate Normals or Averages 1971-2000
- City of Montreal Master Plan
- City of Montreal Property Assessment Rolls
- Daily Climate Data (Canada)
- Hydat (National Water Data Archive Database). Canada.
- Inventory of Contaminated Sites in Quebec (french)
- Inventory of Soil and Industrial Waste Disposal Sites in Quebec (french)
- National Pollutant Release Inventory Data Resources. Environment Canada.
- Réseau de surveillance de la qualité de l’air. Montreal Air Quality Data, City of Montreal.
- Réseau de suivi du milieu aquatique.. Aquatic Environment Monitoring System, City of Montreal.
- Système d’information hydrogéologique. Quebec Groundwater Database.