- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Searching the Catalogue by newspaper title
Search the Catalogue for newspaper holdings at McGill.
Search by title, then under Format on the left choose newspapers.
Selected current news sources (online)
- PressReader (formerly PressDisplay)
- ProQuest US Newsstream
- 1984 - present for most titles.
- Includes New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, The Guardian and other national and regional titles.
- ProQuest Canadian Newsstream
- Canadian newspapers.
- Search by date, newspaper, author, keyword.
- Publications available through Canadian Newsstream
- ProQuest International Newsstream
- Recent news content from outside of the US and Canada
- Archives back decades featuring full-text newspapers, newswires, and news sites.
- Includes The Times (London), The Bangkok Post, El Norte, Financial Times, The Guardian, Jerusalem Post, South China Morning Post, The Daily Telegraph, Asian Wall Street Journal, and the BBC Monitoring series of publications.
- International and Canadian publications.
- Search by date, newspaper, author, keyword, subject.
- Local, international news,legal sources.
- Publications available through Lexis-Nexis.
- News from Canadian English and French language newspapers as well as European French language news.
- Includes the Canadian NewsWire, the Canadian Press, La Presse, Le Devoir, Le Soleil, Le Droit, Le Monde (France)
- Alt-Press Watch (ProQuest)
- 1970 - present.
- Unique, independent voices from respected and cited grassroots newspapers, magazines, and journals. The database features over 670,000 articles from more than 210 publications.
- Alternative Press Index (EBSCO)
- 1991 - present.
- Journal, newspaper, and magazine articles from over 300 international alternative, radical, and left periodicals.
- EMIS Intelligence (formerly known as ISI Emerging Markets)
- News (emphasis on business and economic news) from over 70 emerging markets in Asia, Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- For help, see the EMIS User Guide.
- FBIS: Foreign Broadcast Information Service Electronic Index
Selected historical news sources (online)
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
British Library’s collection of the newspapers, pamphlets, and books gathered by Reverend Charles Burney (1757-1817).
- 19th Century British Newspapers
National and regional newspapers
- 19th Century U.S. Newspapers
- Atlanta Constitution (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Boston Globe (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Chicago Defender (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Chicago Tribune (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Christian Science Monitor (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Chronicling America Historic American Newspapers
Contains digitized newspapers from 1836-1922 and the U.S. Newspaper Directory, 1690-Present.
- Compact Memory: Internetarchiv Judischer Periodika
A virtual archive of 118 Jewish historical magazines and newspapers in German speaking countries from 1806 until 1938 when these were banned by the Nazis.
- Early American Newspapers, Series I, 1690-1876
Historic newspapers listed in Clarence Brigham's History and bibliography of American newspapers McLennan Reference Z6951 B86.
- Financial Times Historical Archive
- Gale NewsVault
Extensive collection of historical newspapers. Over 400 years of content to be explored. Search the full text of over 10 million page images.
- Globe and Mail (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Google News Archive
Browsable archives of many papers of record. Limited searchability and coverage is uneven. Content no longer being added.
- Hartford Courant (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Historical Jewish Press
A collection of Jewish newspapers published in various countries, languages, and time periods.
- Los Angeles Times (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
Searchable historical American newspapers 1690-1922 (Archive of Americana) and Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS) Daily Reports 1975-1996.
- New York Times (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Paper of Record
Searchable archive of historical newspapers from Europe, Australia, and the Americas. Coverage varies, from the mid-1800s to 2000s.
- ProQuest News & Newspapers
Search across all of ProQuest's current and historical newspaper databases.
- The Times Digital Archive (U.K.)
- Toronto Star (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Wall Street Journal (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Washington Post (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)