Please visit our COVID-19 page for the latest news, resources, and FAQs.

COVID-19 Updates from International Student Services
International students with a valid study permit or study permit approval letter can now travel to Canada as long as they are registered at a designated learning institution (DLI) with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan. McGill is one of the institutions on the list of DLIs with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan. Students travelling to Canada will need to have a self-quarantine plan to ensure that they can self-isolate for 14 days after arrival.

Please visit our COVID-19 page for additional news, resources, and FAQs.

Additional resources

Need additional resources but not sure where to find them? 


McGill Legal Information clinic

Certified translators

Commissioner of Oaths

PROMED Medical and Dental Centre

Travelling to the U.S.A.  

Immigration et communautés culturelles Québec
Provincial government resources for international students studying in Quebec

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal government resources for international students studying in Canada

Canada Revenue Agency
Information regarding the filing of a Canadian income tax return for non-residents. If you are studying in Canada, you may be required to file a tax return.

Canadian Bureau for International Education
A non-profit organization providing information on living in Canada, language programs, employment and more.

Diplomatic Gateway to Canada
A list of foreign embassies in Ottawa, including contact information, maintained by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada.

Service Canada
A step-by-step guide for obtaining a Social Insurance Number, which is required for paid employment in Canada.

Montreal Tourism
Great information on the city of Montreal.

Back to top