ISS is available virtually and in-person Mondays-Fridays during business hours.

Updates from International Student Services:
July 2022: Please refer to our Travelling to and from Canada page for the most up-to-date information on Canada’s entry requirements and border restrictions as well as our FAQs


Student Work and Permits

What is considered Work?

Work” is defined in the Immigration Canada Regulations as an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned, OR that competes directly with activities of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the Canadian labour market.

NOTE: "work" includes "unpaid employment undertaken for the purpose of obtaining work experience, such as an internship or practicum normally done by a student." (see Immigration Canada website)

***As a full-time International McGill student, you can work both on campus and off-campus, but it's important to ensure that you have the right documents to do so legally.***

Useful Information


Back to top