ISS is here for you.

All services continue to be offered remotely during regular business hours.

COVID-19 Updates from International Student Services: October 2021:
The latest updates can be found on the Travelling to and from Canada page.
            1. International students with a valid study permit (or approval letter) can travel to Canada (McGill is on the list of DLIs with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan). Before making travel plans, please refer to our Entering Canada page.
            2. Fully vaccinated travellers authorized to enter Canada by land or by air, are now exempt from the federal requirement to undergo a 14-day quarantine. The 14-day quarantine continues to be required for all other travellers who are not considered fully vaccinated.
           3. For more information, please refer to McGill's quarantine resources and IHI’s vaccination FAQs.

Please visit our COVID-19 page for additional news, resources, and FAQs.

Contact Us

Student Services is here for you! The International Student Services team is working diligently to support and respond to our students’ questions and needs during this difficult time. As we are receiving a large influx of requests, we ask that you please carefully review our regularly updated COVID-19 FAQs and Resources. Students can also review the McGill Coronavirus website for up-to-date information about COVID-19 measures and impacts at McGill.

All services continue to be offered remotely during regular business hours, Monday to Friday with limited in-person appointments.

International Student Services

Brown Student Services Building

3600 McTavish Street, Suite 5100 (East Wing)
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0G3
(All services continue to be offered remotely)

514 398-4349


Phone calls will be received

  • Monday - Friday, 1pm - 3pm ET

  • Mondays and Fridays 10am - 12pm ET

Immigration Advising

For immigration advice, please complete the Advising Request Form.

5-minute Rapid Advising appointments are available every other week. Sign up here.

International Health Insurance [at]

The Buddy Program

international.buddy [at]

Follow ISS on:







International Student Services is pleased to assist all undergraduate & graduate degree students, post-doctoral fellows, exchange students and other students who have opted into Student Services fees. Continuing Studies students must contact the School of Continuing Studies.

Back to top