Welcome to the Academic Personnel Office
The Academic Personnel Office works in tandem with the Provost, the Associate Provost (Budget & Resources), and the Associate Provost (Policies, Procedures & Equity) on all matters relating to the recruiting, hiring, appointing, conditions of employment, salary, leaves and retirement of academic staff.
The Director of the Academic Personnel Office is sharon [dot] barqueiro [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Sharon Barqueiro).
|Associate Provost (Budget & Resources) ghyslaine [dot] mcclure [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Ghyslaine McClure)||Associate Provost (Policies, Procedures & Equity) lydia [dot] white [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Lydia White)|
|• recruitment and appointment; |
• anomaly and retention salary increases and stipends;
• administrative and academic appointments with stipends.
|• reappointment, tenure, promotion; |
• sabbatical leaves, leaves of absence, parental leaves;
• retirement, emeritus designation;
• approval of CAS hires, appointments and promotions;
• assisting academic administrators, in matters relating to regulations and policies.
|The two Associate Provosts share oversight of the Academic Personnel Office, working in close collaboration with Faculties on matters involving the life cycle of academic staff including: |
• facilitating “on-boarding” of new academic staff;
• professional development of academic staff, including the Academic Leadership Forum Series.
For more information about whom to contact in APO regarding specific topics, please visit Who We Are.