The 3rd biennial 2023 McGill Accounting Research Conference: Accounting for Sustainability will take place in person on McGill University’s campus on June 7-8, 2023.
The goal of the McGill Accounting Research Conference (MARC) is to bring together and promote discussions among accounting scholars and practitioners, in order to share insights regarding contemporary and emerging topics intersecting accounting. This year’s MARC is focused on themes of sustainability within the accounting profession and capital markets.
Registration closed May 22.
The conference will take place from noon June 7th through noon June 8th. It will include a keynote address from a member of the International Sustainability Standards Board and five academic research sessions spread across the afternoon of June 7th and the morning of June 8th, along with an evening reception on June 7th.
The agenda for the pre-conference doctoral consortium has been separately disseminated to consortium attendees. Please email peter.oh [at] mcgill.ca (subject: MARC%202023%20agenda) (Peter Oh) if you have indicated your attendance to the consortium but have not received this separate agenda.
- Sadok El Ghoul, University of Alberta
- Jeffrey Hales, University of Texas at Austin, International Sustainability Standards Board
- Timothy Hubbard, University of Notre Dame
- Gordon Richardson, University of Toronto
- Ane Tamayo, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Jenny Li Zhang, University of British Columbia
- Carolyn Deller, University of Pennsylvania
- James Naughton, University of Virginia
- Jee-Eun Shin, University of Toronto
- Ke Wang, University of Alberta
- Mingyue Zhang, University of Waterloo
The 2023 MARC will take place in the Desautels Faculty of Management’s Bronfman Building on the campus of McGill University in downtown Montreal.
MARC Organizing Committee
Assistant Professor of Accounting
peter.oh [at] mcgill.ca (subject: McGill%20Accounting%20Research%20Conference%20(MARC))
Professor of Accounting and Finance; Accounting Area Coordinator
hongping.tan [at] mcgill.ca (subject: McGill%20Accounting%20Research%20Conference%20(MARC))
Assistant Professor of Accounting; Director of Sustainability
brian.wenzel [at] mcgill.ca (subject: McGill%20Accounting%20Research%20Conference%20(MARC))
We are grateful to our various sponsors, for which the quality of our conference would not be possible without.
This event has received Platinum certification from the McGill Office of Sustainability