Matching alumni with students and recent grads for a career inspiring networking chat.
Take an hour every 1-3 months to meet someone new from the Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University and create an opportunity to learn, share and answer questions.
DesautelsConnect is your exclusive networking and mentoring platform. Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, DesautelsConnect introduces alumni and students based on specific career interests and goals. You can schedule a coffee chat in-person or online.
Having a diverse network:
- Accelerates careers
- Helps tap into the smart thinking of peers locally and globally
- Is a powerful contribution to the #DesautelsFamily
How does DesautelsConnect work?
- You’ll receive a monthly introduction to a student or fellow alumni based on your career interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your inbox so you don’t need to use another tool!
How do I join?
- Go to: mcgill.ca/desautelsconnect
- You will be placed into an approval queue to be reviewed by the hub administrators.
- Respond to an Invitation when you are matched with another DesautelsConnect member
- Tell us about your successful coffee chats. You could be featured on the Hub & our social media channels.
Are you a student?
You're invited to start building your network.
Join DesautelsConnect to:
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available with your degree
- Develop your networking and communications skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of Desautels Faculty of Management alumni based on their industry and interests
As a Desautels student, you have access to alumni and industry partners with valuable life and career advice to share. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, the time to build your network is now. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, speaking, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
Are you an alumnus/alumna or recent grad?
You’re invited to get involved with the #DesautelsFamily.
Join this network to:
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of other Desautels Faculty of Management alumni based on your industry and interests
As a Desautels graduate, you have have valuable life and career advice to share. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, it is key for students to receive support and advice from those in industry. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, speaking, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Everyone can improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
What is DesautelsConnect?
DesautelsConnect is your exclusive networking and mentoring platform. Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, DesautelsConnect introduces you to fellow Desautels alumni and students based on career goals and professional interests. Foster new relationships that can help you become an innovative, creative, high performing and in-demand professional.
What does DesautelsConnect do for me?
- You’ve heard that 85% of all jobs are filled via networking and that career success comes through developing diverse relationships, but how and where do you start? DesautelsConnect!
- Allows you to make direct connections with over 1,400 verified McGill-Desautels graduates who are interested in career success.
- Enables you to quickly find or be automatically matched with peers, mentors or talent all over the world.
- Provides you with a customized experience relative to your career needs.
- Lets you schedule meetings with ease either in person or online.
- Provides you with exclusive career development events and tips for getting conversations started!
What are Introductions?
Once a month, DesautelsConnect introduces you to other members via email based on your career goals, experiences and interests. Once you've been introduced to another member, find a time to meet-up in-person or online!
What are Office Hours?
DesautelsConnect Office Hours are casual conversations hosted by a career advisor, industry leader or other subject-matter specialist for up to 10 people. They may offer advice in their field, share their career path, host a mentoring session, or simply gather peers together for discussion. Office Hours can be customized to suit your needs and any member of DesautelsConnect can set up an event here.
Is DesautelsConnect for me?
DesautelsConnect is for students, recent graduates and/or career changers searching for job leads or to build an alumni network in your area.
DesautelsConnect is for senior professionals or executives in search of business leads locally or elsewhere in the world, or interested in hiring in-demand Desautels talent.
DesautelsConnect is for entrepreneurs of all ages, on-campus or elsewhere in the world, interested in finding partners for business ventures.
Share a story about a DesautelsConnect coffee chat that had a positive impact on you. We may profile you on Ten Thousand Coffees and our various Desautels social media channels in order to inspire others in the #DesautelsFamily.