Volunteers are a vital part of the McGill Desautels community, on campus and around the world.
By connecting with your alma mater, you can expand your network, develop a variety of skills or make an important contribution to our students’ future-readiness.
- Share your expertise by guest lecturing in one of our classes
- Help students and fellow alumni get ahead in their career by becoming a mentor
- Become an ambassador to show your support for McGill Desautels in your community
- Host an event in your city
- Apply to become a Desautels Global Expert
McGill Desautels Volunteer Interest Form
Interested in getting involved with McGill Desautels? Let us know which opportunities are of interest to you.
Mentor | Speak | Volunteer | Desautels Global Experts | Career Management | Other ways to support
Mentor current Desautels students through the BCom Mentorship Program as well as the MBA Mentorship Program, programs that prepare students for their degrees and their careers
Offer mock interviews and give Desautels students valuable feedback on their résumés and interview skills and help polish their professional manner for future interviews. For more information, recruitdesautels.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Mock%20interviewing%20opportunities%20inquiry) (contact the Career team).
Assist Desautels students and alumni with insight, advice, and professional and educational wisdom to help entrepreneurs address the key issues for the success of their new or emerging business through the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship.
Desautels encourages alumni to come back to campus to offer industry insights, career advice, and direction to current students and fellow alumni. We have welcomed alumni back to campus to serve as keynote speakers and panelists for student-run conferences and events, MBA Admissions events, industry-specific panels, regional receptions, class lectures, and more.
We welcome speakers who represent all industries, functions, and regions.
Interested in speaking at Desautels?
joy.bennett [at] mcgill.ca (Contact us by email)
Desautels offers many opportunities and ways to volunteer your resources to both current students and fellow alumni.
- Become a class representative.
- If you are located outside of Montreal, volunteer your time as an active member of your regional alumni group.
- Conduct MBA admissions interviews. For more information, antoinette.molino [at] mcgill.ca (contact Antoinette Molino by email) or at 514-398-4000.
- Assist Desautels students and alumni with insight, advice, and professional and educational wisdom to help entrepreneurs address the key issues for the success of their new or emerging business through the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship.
Desautels Global Experts
At the Desautels Faculty of Management we believe in integrating teaching, research and practice. We aim to capture the pioneering research of professors along with the insights and expertise of top business practitioners to create exceptional programs and course content. This allows us to maximize intellectual exchange and stimulate innovation in the classroom and in our research, which feeds directly back into business practice.
To help accomplish this, we have formed the Desautels Global Experts program with top level executives from around the world who have the highest standing and expertise in their field. For more information, lynn.mark [at] mcgill.ca (contact Lynn Mark by email) or at 514-398-2388.
Desautels Global Expert Samer Saab
Located in the Soutar Career Centre, Career Management works closely with alumni and employers to create partnerships that allow employers to connect with students and connect with excellence.
Participate in Career Management activities by mentoring students, conducting mock interviews, becoming a guest speaker/panelist and hiring a graduating student.
For more information, contact the Career Management team, either careercentre.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca (by email) or at 514-398-2996.
Other ways to support
Gifts from our alumni and friends are crucial in helping the Faculty move forward with our mission. Each contribution, however big or small, goes a long way. With your help we can continue to offer our students the support they need to go on and make their own mark in history.
Take some time to learn more about
- Annual giving and the Desautels Annual Fund
- Corporate giving and our current corporate partners
- Ways that you can make your gift