The McGill University’s Desautels Faculty of Management’s strategic framework was developed in consultation with faculty, staff, students, and alumni. It highlights our vision, mission, values, positioning, and core strategies.
We strive to be “McGill Desautels—great and good.”
We aim for great impact through excellence in our research, teaching, community, and global reach. We seek to do good and create positive societal impact by developing ethical, innovative, and future-ready leaders. We aim to be recognized as the world’s leading and most influential faculty of management, committed to achieving the great and the good.
“The mission of McGill University is the advancement of learning and the creation and dissemination of knowledge, by offering the best possible education, by carrying out research and scholarly activities judged to be excellent by the highest international standards, and by providing service to society.”
The McGill Desautels Faculty of Management develops and educates ethical, global leaders as we generate knowledge with real-world social and economic value.
At McGill Desautels,
we care about value and values.
- Excellence and innovation in research, teaching, learning and service
- Ethics in decision-making and conduct in a diverse, engaged, global community of students, alumni, staff, and faculty
- Represents McGill University globally in management while anchored in Montreal, Quebec—bringing McGill Desautels to the world and the world to McGill Desautels
- Comprises an international community of faculty, students, alumni, and staff
- Provides world-class, personalized, and experiential education that emphasizes responsible management
- Applies innovative, interdisciplinary, integrated, and international approaches to research, teaching, and partnerships
- Embraces many distinctive initiatives:
Retail: Bensadoun School of Retail Management’s Retail Innovation and Data Sphere Labs, Master of Management in Retailing.
Finance: Desautels Capital Management, Honours in Investment Management, McGill International Portfolio Challenge, Master of Management in Finance.
Entrepreneurship: McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship.
Thought-leading management programs: International Masters for Health Leadership focusing on Mintzberg managerial mindsets, Master of Management in Analytics.
Pioneering institutes: Marcel Desautels Institute for Integrated Management, Laidley Centre for Business Ethics and Equity, Sustainable Growth Initiative.
Bilingual, partnered programs: McGill- HEC Montréal EMBA and the joint doctoral program with HEC Montréal, Concordia, and UQAM.
Impactful engagement with business and communities: Lewtas Office for Experiential Learning, Soutar Career Centre, McGill Executive Institute.