Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting (GCPA Program)
The McGill GCPA program at Desautels is an accredited Professional Education Program (PEP) of CPA Quebec. The program is designed to provide students with professional training on the latest CPA concepts and practice-related issues while preparing them to write the national Common Final Exams (CFE). Completion of a PEP and passing of the CFE are two of the required components for obtaining the highly respected CPA designation.
A product of the Desautels Faculty of Management's commitment to the McGill University's mission, the Desautels GCPA is a highly respected designation, opening doors around the world.
Key Features of the GCPA
Integrative Approach: Desautels’ GCPA program uses an integrative approach to learning across courses. Students quickly begin to understand the interrelationship between accounting, assurance and taxation issues. Case-based learning is introduced in a Base Camp workshop before classes begin and then is used throughout the program.
Presentation Skills: Analysis of strategic cases and presentation skills are developed from the outset so students will be well prepared for the integrative case and presentation in the Capstone 1 equivalent course.
- Success: Desautels’ GCPA program and former CA program have produced consistently high pass rates in the Common Final Exam (CFE) and Uniform Final Exam (UFE) in Canada for the past several years, with several students earning recognition on the National Honour Roll.
- Student Satisfaction: When surveyed about their satisfaction with the GCPA program, 100% of students were either 'satisfied' or 'very satisfied'.
- Top Quality Instructors: The program uses a combination of full-time academic faculty and guest lecturers from practice to deliver the most current possible curriculum. All exams are graded by recent CFE or UFE writers, who provide individual feedback and debriefs to students.
- Impressive Alumni: Graduates of the GCPA program benefit from belonging to a vibrant and extensive network of Desautels alumni, many of them leaders in their fields, who regularly check in with the Faculty and its current students.
- A McGill degree: McGill University is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities and is located in the heart of Montreal, North America's #1 student city (QS Best Student Cities 2019). Read the Desautels 10 Points of Pride.
Want to know more?
McGill’s GCPA program ensures that graduates can make professional judgment using financial information in a global business environment.
McGill University is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities and is located in the heart of Montreal, North America's #1 student city (QS Best Student Cities 2019).