The McGill Master of Management in Finance (MMF) degree is a pre-experience, specialized program in finance that can be completed in 12 or 16 months. The MMF program prepares students for a career in finance through a comprehensive curriculum that integrates advanced financial concepts and quantitative methods with real-world business practices. Kindly take note that the MMF exclusively offers admissions for the summer semester.
Is the McGill MMF program right for me?
The MMF is designed for recent graduates with a Bachelor of Science, Engineering, Economics, Arts or Commerce degree and with proven quantitative skills who aim to work in the finance industry or in the finance function of a business. Open to students without prior professional experience or a background in Finance - the MMF program cultivates a diverse and interdisciplinary learning environment.
Key Features of the MMF
- Comprehensive curriculum covering Investments, Corporate Finance, International Capital Markets and more.
- Experiential learning: Desautels Capital Management + International Study Trip + Guest Speakers Series.
- Diverse Student Cohort from various backgrounds, fostering a collaborative environment.
- Access to Global Alumni and Industry Network for career opportunities.
- Flexible length of 12 or 16 months, strategically designed to kick-start your next career move.
- Next Start Date: June 2023
- Format: Full-Time, On-Campus
- Level Of Pre-Degree Work Experience: None required.
Upon completion, you will gain
A master's degree of management in finance boosting your value as a sought-after finance professional.
Practical Experience through hands-on projects for real-world challenges, ensuring immediate applicability in your career.
Financial leadership skills with the ability to make informed decisions, drive organizational success, and earn recognition.
A McGill degree, enhances your credibility, leading to better job prospects and earning potential.
Possible Career Outcomes: Financial Analyst, Investment/Commercial Banker, Real Estate, Corporate Finance.
#2 in North America
#2 MMF in North America and 25th Globally.
Financial Times Global, Masters in Finance Pre-Experience Ranking 2022
in the world
2nd in Canada and top 20 Globally
2023 QS Business, Masters in Finance Ranking
MMF Information Sessions
Join Professor Vadim di Pietro, Chief Investment and Compliance Officer and registered Advising Representative for Desautels Capital Management, for a one-hour online information session outlining the Master of Management in Finance program at McGill University's Desautels Faculty of Management. There will also be alumni in attendance and time allotted for Q&A.