Watch past events on YouTube and explore the full list by clicking on the year below.
- 11 January 2023 | Vernissage - News and Novel Sensations
- 24 January 2023 | Coffee with a Codex, An Hour of Hours with Dot Porter and Nicolas Hermann of the Kislak centre at U Penn.
- 8 February 2023 | The Art of Bookbinding - Robert R. Reid Medal Event with Odette Drapeau | L’art de la reliure – Médaille Robert R. Reid avec Odette Drapeau
- 20 February 2023 | Moments In Time / Instantporels Game Launch
- 15 September 2022 | 10:30 AM Gwillim Student Symposium
- 21 September 2022 | 4 PM Scholarship at the Source: Allister Neher on Art and Anatomy in Nineteenth-Century Britain
- 6 October 2022 | 12 pm Illuminated Deities: Hindu Gods and Goddesses and Devotional Texts in McGill’s Rare Books and Special Collections
- 13 October 2022 | 5 PM Vernissage - Biblioteca Britannica
- 19 October 2022 | 12 PM Building McGill, with David Covo
- 26 October 2022 | 4 PM Vernissage - LGBTQIA2S+ McGill Student, Faculty, and Staff Activism
- 27 October 2022 | 12 PM Hooked; Fishing for Ted Hughes In and Beyond the Archive
- 1 November 2022 | Medical Student Research Symposium
- 2 November 2022 | The 45th Annual Osler Lecture: Policing The Womb In the Wake of the American Judiciary
- 3 November 2022 | Professor Joseph Lella Symposium
15 November 2022 | 5 PM - Search and ye shall find: Medieval music manuscripts in the digital age
Julie E. Cumming, Professor, Music History and Musicology
Ichiro Fujinaga, Associate Professor, Music Technology
with Ann Marie Holland, Rare Books Librarian
Presented in collaboration with Schulich School of Music
18 November 2022 | 4 PM - Artist Talk with Angela Grauerholz
6 December 2022 | 12 pm - Warp and Weft, Weaving by the Numbers with Jacquelyn Sundberg and April Colosimo
13 December 2022 | 12 PM - Fabricating Reams with Papeterie Saint Armand
- 11 January 2022 | 12 PM Conversation with Nancy Springer, Author of the Enola Holmes Series
- 20 January 2022 | 3:30 PM Science and Friendship at McGill; A Few Insights
- 26 January 2022 | 12 PM ROAAr Book Club: Weaving words in textiles: A conversation with curator Deborah Goodman Davis
- 10 Feburary 2022 | 12 PM 1919: The Year of the Revolutionary Black Messiah
- 14 February 2022 | 12 PM Knitting 101 with ROAAr
- 23 February 2022 | 12 PM Hidden in Plain Sight: Artist Amy Suo Wu Reveals the Potential of Invisible Ink
- 9 March 2022 | 12 PM: Knitting in Code
- 23 March 2022 | 12 PM: ROAAr Book Club Presents: ROAAr Book Club Presents: Riddles and Riddling Ways
- 7 April 2022 | 7 PM: ROAAr and MSI present: Talking Telescopes; Then & Now
- 13 April 2022 | 12 PM: Dexterity and Craftsmanship; Artist Talk with Myriam Dion
- 10 May 2022 | 12 PM: Victorian Sensation Novels and the News
- 19 May 2022 | 4 PM: Magnifying the Royce Gale Miniature Book Collection
- 22 January 2021 | 12:00 pm (EST) Virtual Event | A Place for Everything; The Curious History of Alphabetical Order with Author Judith Flanders
- 27 January 2021 | 4 pm(EST) Virtual Book Club | ROAAr Book Club, Children’s Edition
- 9 February 2021 | 12:00 pm (EST) Virtual Event | Play with Language and the Nonsense of Alphabet Books
- 18 February 2021 | 1 PM (EST) Virtual Event | Rare Stitches: Knitting Inspired by Illuminated Manuscripts
- 24 February 2021 | 4 PM (EST) Virtual Book Club | The Books We Love: Reading in Hard Times
- 16 March 2021 | 12:00 pm (EST) Virtual Event | The Reader Belongs to the Play: Artists’ Books and the Library
- 18 March 2021 | 7:00 PM (EST) - Virtual Trivia Night | Quiz That SO?! Trivia and Game Launch
- 23 March 2021 | 12 PM (EST) Virtual Event | The Many Faces of Norman Bethune
- 30 March 2021 | 12 PM (EST) Book Launch | AMAZE - A McGill A to Z Experience
- 7 April 2021 | 4 PM (EDT) ROAAr Book Club | A Bibliophile's Brushstrokes
- 19 May 2021 | 4 PM (EDT) ROAAr Book Club | ROAAring in the Garden; From Seed to Harvest.
- 27 May 2021 | 5 PM (EDT) | Online Escape Game 101 Workshop
- 16 June 2021 | 4 PM (EDT) ROAAr Book Club | The Tastes of Summers Past
- 16 September 2021 | 12 PM | Montreal's Built Environment; Planning, Design, Sustainability, and Social Equity
- 29 September 2021 | 5:30 PM | Vernissage: Mcgilliana; 200 Years of Student Life
- 5 October 2021 | 12 PM | Birding Mount Royal Yesterday and Today
- 20 October 2021 | 4 PM | Seeing Double: Photographic Portraiture in McGill’s Visual Art Collection20 October 2021 4 PM
- 2 November 2021 | Research and the Osler
- 17 November 2021 | 4 PM | ROAAr Book Club Presents | Pulling Prints with George Walker
- 8 December 2021 | 5:30 PM | Printing and Thinking with Andrew Steeves and Lauren Williams
- 15 December 201 | 4 PM | ROAAr Book Club Presents : Show and Tell: The Secrets of Women / Montrer et raconter : les secrets des femmes
- 16 January | 5:00 – 7:30 PM, The Ludic Generation: Harnessing the Potential of Interactive Learning in Higher Ed. Dr. Paul Darvasi and Shawn Young.
- 30 January | 5:00 – 7:30 PM, Launch for the McGill Book Arts Printing Lab.
- 5 February | 5:30 - 7:30 PM, "Saturn and Melancholy": A McGill Queen's University Press Book Launch. Philippe Despoix, Georges Leroux, Alberto Manguel, and Jillian Tomm.
- 12 February | 4:00 - 6:00 PM, Workshop: "Learning Your P's and Q's: Printing with Moveable Type.
- 17 February | 5:00 – 7:00 PM, Vernissage: "Enlightenment Architectures": Sir Hans Sloane's Catalogues of his Collections. Kim Sloane.
- 27 February | 10:00 AM - 12 PM, Workshop: "Helping Students Get a Clue - Serious Play and Orientation in the Special Collections Library." Luke Aeschleman and Emily Jack.
- 9 March | 5:30 - 7:30 PM, "Trace Elements": The Commissario Guido Brunetti Series. Donna Leon and Judith Flanders.
- 12 March | 5:30 - 7:30 PM, "Before the Screen": Sketching, Play, and Creativity in the Making of Disney Animation. Mike Wiesmiere.
- 14 July | 3:00-4:00 PM, "Objectives & Dragons": Finding the Adventure in your Content with educational technologist Kristin Ziska-Strange.
- 28 July | 3:00-4:00 PM (Digital), "Play Where the Knowledge Lives:" Why Libraries are Obvious Spaces for Play with Megan Lotts and Matthew Shoemaker.
- 4, 3:00-4:00 PM (Digital), "How Do They Win?" Collaborative Game Creation as Impetus for Class Discussion and Research with Russell Hall and Glenn Kuhmhera.
- 25 August | 3:00-4:00 (Digital), “Leveling Up" Academic Library Gaming Collections and Services with Michelle Goodridge.
- 17 September | 5:00-6:00 PM (Digital), "Puppetry as a Tool for Transformation" with Puppeteer Jesse Stong.
- 22 September | 5:00-6:00 PM (Digital), "Playing Dress Up": Demystifying Costume Design with Professor Catherine Bradley of the McGill Costume Shop.
- 6 October| 5:00-6:00 PM (Digital) | "Performance, Play, and Female Empowerment": The McGill Archives and the Genealogy of Women's Basketball in Canada from 1900-2020 with Kelsey Blair.
- 13 October | 5:00-6:00 PM (Digital) | “Solving the Disruption”: Revealing The McGill Library’s Orientation Game, Raising Spirits: A Timely Diversion.
- 27 October 27 | 12:00-1:00 PM (Digital) | Resurrection Cakes and the Pleasures of Metaphorical Recipes with Rebecca Earle.
Lecture | How Did Indigenous Land Become Colonists' Property? Prof. Allan Greer, McGill Department of History and Classical Studies. 16 January 2019
Osler Vernissage | Curiosities of Conception. Hosted by the Osler Library of the History of Medicine. 24 January 2019
Poetry Matters | What Legacy? Louis Dudek, creative writing and Creative Writing. Prof. Karis Shearer, University of British Columbia. 29 January 2019
Reading | Black Ink for Black Liberation with George Elliott Clarke. Co-hosted with the McGill Dept. of English. 31 January 2019
Osler Library Vernissage | Corps qui hantent d’autres corps. Caroline Boileau, Larose-Osler Artist-in-Residence. Hosted by the Osler Library of the History of Medicine. 7 February 2019
Lecture & Choral Performance | Saints Alive! Rediscovering Chant Manuscripts at McGill - Lecture and Choral performance. Prof. Julie Cumming, McGill University. 21 February 2019
Lecture | The Question That Stumped Darwin: Ants and Evolution. Prof. Ehab Abouheif, McGill University. 26 February 2019
Nuit Blanche | Alive at Night: Art, Music & History at McGill. In partnership with the Schulich School of Music & the Office of the Vice-Principal, Research and Innovation. Tour, multimedia presentation, and musical performance in Redpath Hall. 2 March 2019
Lecture | Fifty Years On: Gay Liberation? Prof. Brian Lewis, McGill. 13 March 2019
Vernissage | Visible Storage Gallery. Curated by Vanessa Di Francesco. 27 March 2019
Tour: Medieval Art in Manuscripts with Dr. Joan Friedman, Art Historian. 9 April 2019
Lecture | Universal Medicine’: Lessons from 17th-century England. Dr. Lauren Kassell, University of Cambridge. 12 April 2019
DRAW Hackathons for the Planet. Spring 2019
Earth Day Pop-up Exhibition. Rare Treasures of the Natural World in McGill’s Special Collections & Archives. 23 April 2019
Osler Vernissage | Osler's Leonardo Da Vinci Collection. Curated by Dr. Rolando Del Maestro. 2 May 2019
Identities, Networks, & Culture. Second Annual Colloquium of St. Andrew's Society/McEuan Foundation Chair in Canadian-Scottish Studies. 3 May 2019
Workshop | Discover & Write from McGill's Blacker Wood Natural History Collection. 4 and 5 May 2019
Osler Panel/Unveiling - Predictor Unveiled: The First Reliable Home Pregnancy Test and its Little-Known Connection to Montreal. 7 May 2019
To Market! To Market! 22 May 2019
- Lecture | Uncensoring Charles and Frances Burney 23 January 2018 [watch]
- Lecture | The Tragedy of the Tet Offensive 31 January 2018 [watch]
- Lecture | James Forbes (1749-1819): Discovery and Perplexity 27 February 2018 [watch]
- Lecture | ‘Can Anything Be More Absurd?’: Reading Hume in Eighteenth-Century Britain and America 20 March 2018 [watch]
- Symposium | The Eyes Have It: An appreciation of Casey Wood's Contribution to Ophthalmology, Ornithology, and the McGill Libraries 20 April 2018 [watch]
- Lecture | Beyond the Rainbow; The Spectacular Colours of Birds | Au-delà de l’arc-en-ciel; les couleurs spectaculaires des oiseaux 21 April 2018 [watch]
- Lecture | Voltaire and the Art of the Miscellany 24 April 2018 [watch]
- Event | VEHICULE DAYS: Exhibit/ Reading/ Performance 26 April 2018
- Colloquium and exhibit launch | “Intus et in cute: L’Autopsie du regard au savoir” 26-27 April 2018
- Colloquium | Nerve Centre Colloquium: Kick-Starting ROAAr and More Towards the Future 11 May 2018
- Vernissage | De Musei Fabrica: Cloth and Stitch Inspired by the Maude Abbott Medical Museum, 17 May 2018
- Lecture | ROAAr on the Road, Special Lecture in Picton, ON | What is Canadian Cuisine? Lessons from Generations Past. 16 September 2018
- Open House | 21 October 2018
- Homecoming | Guided Tours of ROAAr Collections. 12 & 13 October 2018
- Lecture | Treasures for our Children: Jewish Foodways for the 21st Century | In partnership with Library and Community Events, City of Westmount. 28 October 2018
- Lecture | The Fabric of the Human Body (Vesalius, 1543): Images and Icons for the History of Medicine, Professor Hélène Cazes, University of Victoria. 30 October 2018
- Book Launch | Many Women, Many Voices; Stories from McGill Collections 8 November 2018
- Lecture | Montreal at the Front: Personalities of the Great War, Alexander Reford, Director of Les Jardins de Métis Reford Gardens. 7 November 2018
- Lecture | Books That Pop! Historical Children's Books inthe Sheila Bourke Collection, Professor Jacqueline Reid-Walsh, Pennsylvania State University. 21 November 2018
- Lecture | Keep or Shred? How to get Businesses to Start Valuing their Archives, Anders Sjöman, Centre for Business History in Stockholm. 5 December 2018
Lecture | Foodways & Fisticuffs: the Larger than Life Personalities who Shaped Quebec Cuisine 4 & 11 October 2017
Lecture | Montreal’s Architectural Heritage in the Canadian Architecture Collection 14 October 2017
Lecture and Exhibition | The Canadian Jewish Experience 25 October 2017
Lecture | “Where was Democracy? The Case of Woman Suffrage in Canada 1 November 2017
Lecture | Christmas Ain't What It Used to Be 15 November 2017 [watch]
Lecture | Making History in 1860s Canada 22 November 2017
Lecture | Climate in the Age of Empire: Weather Observation in Colonial Canada 27 November 2017