The Books We Love: Reading in Hard Times
Books can play a significant role in navigating difficult times. They act as sources of solace, understanding, and entertainment. Hear how five bibliophiles have used books to navigate the COVID crisis and the recent political, social and economic upheavals in different ways.
Join in the conversation too.
Guest speakers are:
- Kristen Young, community archivist: reading to engage
- Sundus Abdul Hadi, writer and artist: writing in hard times
- Alex Nierenhausen, Librairie St-Henri Books: bookselling in hard times
- Mark Andrews, civil engineer: book collecting in Covid
- Olivia Sykes, student: reading to escape