Recent events and conversations in the world have highlighted inequities and systemic injustices that still permeate today’s society and organizations. Racism, discrimination and intolerance have no place in our community. Desautels brings together and enables talented students, faculty members and staff with diverse and intersecting identities so that all can flourish. We must cultivate a culture that not only values equity, diversity and inclusion, but practices these values in all that we do.
- Activity Tracker (March 31, 2021)
- The first 120 days: Update on EDI efforts at Desautels (Dec 8, 2020)
You can help Desautels become more equitable, diverse and inclusive. If you’d like to become more active in our EDI efforts please complete this form or contact Professor Lisa Cohen at edi.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca.
- Read a statement on Equity, diversity and inclusion at Desautels (Aug 03, 2020)
- Desautels appoints new Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, McGill Reporter (Aug 28, 2020)
- McGill’s Action Plan to Address Anti-Black Racism (Sept 30, 2020)
- Read Desautel’s response to the University’s plan (Oct 1, 2020)
The Equity Team in the Office of the Provost provides ongoing opportunities for staff and faculty to build capacity on equity-related topics.
Workshops for Faculty
Virtual workshops designed for instructors on equity-related topics. Learn about accessible course design, gender diversity and inclusive language, anti-racism in teaching practice, and more! There are also workshops geared towards researchers, such as “EDI in Research and Grant Proposals”, “Applying an EDI Lens to the Research Team” and “Mentoring Relationships with a Focus on Equity”
Workshops for Staff
Virtual workshops designed for staff on equity-related topics. Learn about accessibility, COVID-19 and returning to campus, accomodating employees with disabilities, equity education for student affairs professionals, equitable hiring and promotion, gender diversity and inclusive language, working in diverse teams and managing challenging conversations in the workplace