karrie-noelle.plohman [at] mcgill.ca (Karrie-Noelle Plohman)
Associate Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Karrie-Noelle Plohman is an experienced non-profit director and intergroup dialogue facilitator with a long track record of supporting and growing non-profit organizations and programs in the areas of anti-oppressive practice, transformational justice and structural change.
With a career based in Manitoba, she has spent over twenty years playing key leadership roles in the child welfare and disability sectors; Karrie-Noelle has prioritized community and relationship building as a pathway towards radical change, the institutionalizing of equity practices and transformative growth. Karrie-Noelle has placed a high value on volunteer work and serving the community; in 2006 she co-founded a coalition called Connecting Communities which advocated on behalf of Indigenous and Newcomer populations confronting the challenges of HIV/AIDS, in 2012 she was appointed President of the Child and Youth Care Workers’ Association of Manitoba and went on to become a steering committee member and training coordinator for the Braids of Strength Community Network.
Karrie-Noelle values the principles of transparency, community led movement and revolutionary growth through dialogue. Most recently, she served as the Program Director for two restorative justice programs in Winnipeg.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Associate, Faculty
Associate Professor, Organizational Behaviour
Lisa Cohen joined McGill University’s Desautels School of Management in 2010 and is currently an Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior. Her academic research explores the allocation of tasks within organizations, occupations and opportunity structures. She is especially interested in the ways demographic composition affects employees and organizations and the broader implications of all of this for equity, diversity and inclusion. In her teaching, Professor Cohen discusses issues related to diversity across her classes on negotiations, human resources and global talent management in the BCom and MBA programs. She received her PhD from Walter A. Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley. After completing her doctoral work, Professor Cohen provided human resource and management consultancy to improve organizations’ potential through their people.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Associate, Teaching and Learning
Faculty Lecturer, Organizational Behaviour
Tatiana has 10 years of industry experience in the fields of human resources and training, along with a B.A. in psychology & management from McGill and a master’s degree (M. Sc.) in Organizational Development from HEC Montréal. Tatiana is also an active member of the Ordre des CRHA du Québec and is currently completing a master’s degree (M. Sc.) in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion from Université Laval. Powered by her passion to teach, she is a Faculty Lecturer at McGill Desautels Faculty of Management, where she teaches various Organizational Behaviour courses. Tatiana is dedicated to offering an optimal student experience and doing what is best for her students’ learning process and development.
Desautels Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Working Group
The Desautels Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Working Group was established in August 2020 to lead and support initiatives aimed at creating an inclusive, welcoming and respectful culture within the Faculty.
- Yolande E. Chan, Dean and James McGill Professor
- Marie-José Beaudin, Executive Director, Career Management
- Joy Bennett, Senior Development Officer
- Francesca Carrieri, Associate Professor, Finance
- Claudio Cichi, VP SEDI (Sustainability, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion), Management Undergraduate Society
- Lisa Cohen, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Associate, Faculty; Associate Professor, Organizational Behaviour
- Ireland Compton, Digital Alumni Engagement Officer
- Dave D’Oyen, McGill Alumni and Diversity and Inclusion Lead, Corus Entertainment
- Tatiana Gauvin, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Associate, Curriculum; Faculty Lecturer, Organizational Behaviour
- Anisha Ghosh, Associate Professor, Finance
- Angela Guadagno, Academic Associate, Teaching and Learning Services - Desautels
- Leigh Korey, Academic Associate, Teaching and Learning Services - Desautels
- Yvonne Ng, Human Resources Advisor
- Karrie-Noelle Plohman, Associate Director for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Marina Poulios, Student Adviser, BCom Program
- Alejandra Rodríguez Vidrio, Vice President, Desautels Graduate Women’s Association
- Brian Rubineau, Associate Professor and Area Coordinator, Organizational Behaviour
- Pedro Seguel, President, Desautels Doctorate Students Society (DDSS)
- Roy Taguchi, MDIIM Fellow
- Ilias Xerovasilas, Vice President Internal, Desautels Graduate Student Society (representative for Masters Programs)
- Ghahhar Zavosh, Faculty Lecturer, Strategy & Organization
- Mary Zhang, representative, Management Undergraduate Society Board of Directors