Seeking Readmission

  • Students who wish to complete their undergraduate degree after an absence of one or more academic terms (to a maximum of 5 years) must submit a readmission application on Minerva. If you no longer have access to Minerva, you will need to contact Service Point to be reactivated.
  • Refer to your unofficial transcript on Minerva to view your academic standing and any holds present on your account.
  • Please note that readmission decisions are made independently of financial information. If you owe outstanding fees or fines to the University, you will not be permitted to register until the hold(s) has been resolved even if readmission has been granted.
  • Students who are in Unsatisfactory Standing must submit a readmission application on Minerva. Please refer to the section Unsatisfactory Standing in the Application procedures below.
  • Tuition: If you are readmitted, your rate of tuition may be different from when you last were enrolled at McGill. For more information, be sure to visit Student Accounts.
  • International Students: Consult the Minerva "View your Tuition and Legal Status" page to see if your record at McGill reflects your most recent immigration status in Canada. If you are an international student, you must possess valid legal documents for the duration of your remaining studies at McGill. For more information, visit legal documents. For assistance please contact International Student Services.

Application Deadlines for Readmission

To begin your studies in... Readmission Module Opens Deadline to Apply
Summer term March 1 June 10
Fall term March 1 July 15
Winter term October 1 November 15

Application Procedures

  • Login to Minerva and Select: Students > Student Records Menu > Faculty Transfer & Readmission Menu;
  • Under "Student Comments" you must state the reason(s) for your absence from the University, give a summary of your activities during that period and provide your current email address if your McGill email is inactive;
  • Depending on your situation, you may need to provide additional information before submitting your request, refer to the sections below.
  • Submit your request;
  • When your application is being reviewed, the status will change from “submitted” to “incomplete”, read the comments in the readmission module as we might request additional information and/or documents;
  • Check the status of your application regularly. When a final decision has been made (“faculty approved” or “faculty refused”), you will be notified by email;
  • It is MANDATORY to accept or decline the readmission offer on MINERVA within three weeks or your application will be cancelled;
  • If you have any general questions about the application process, please contact: bcom.mgmt [at]


Students in Satisfactory Academic Standing who withdrew for medical reasons

If you left the University for Medical Reasons, indicate it under "Student Comments”. Submit supporting documentation confirming that you are ready to resume your studies within a month or your application will be cancelled;

Submit a medical note to bcom.mgmt [at] with the subject line: *READMISSION DOCUMENT – MED NOTE - YOUR NAME AND McGILL ID NUMBER*

Students in Unsatisfactory Academic Standing

Under "Student Comments" you must:

  • Describe the extenuating circumstances that affected your academic performance. 
  • Explain how the problems you experienced would be under control or no longer applicable if you were readmitted;
  • Submit your completed Healthcare Provider Approval Form and/or medical note to or jennifer.l.hunter [at] (subject: Readmission%20Medical%20Document) (Jennifer Hunter )with the subject line: *READMISSION DOCUMENT – MED NOTE - YOUR NAME AND McGILL ID NUMBER* within a month or your application will be cancelled;
  • You will be contacted by a Faculty Advisor who will set up a meeting to assess your readmission request.

Simultaneous Readmission & Inter-Faculty Transfer into Arts

Students who are withdrawn and want to apply for a transfer to the BA degree must submit a readmission request and select Arts as their Faculty; they should not be using the Inter-faculty transfer request.

For information regarding eligibility, deadlines, and procedures, please consult the Inter-Faculty Transfer page.







Back to top