International management is emphasized throughout our curriculum, regardless of specialization. In addition, international exchanges are offered with leading management schools worldwide.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities to study abroad for a term or year. The international exposure and academic experience gained by taking part in student exchange are highly worthwhile. Through this program, students may study and earn academic credits at over 60 universities in countries around the world. Exchange opportunities are open to students in most specializations.
- Explore ALL McGill Exchange Partners
View list of BCom Exchange Partners 2023-2024
It is important to review the host institution information available on their fact sheet and website (available on the Study Abroad website above), such as the semester dates, language of instructions and course availability. The key is to research, research research!
- View the Fall 2024 Exchange Presentation
- Attend an event:
Winter 2025 Exchange Information Sessions will be offered during the Winter 2024 term. Stay Tuned!
- There is a CGPA requirement of 3.0 to be eligible for exchange.
- Only U1, U2 and U3 students are eligible for exchange (have completed at least 24 graded McGill credits by the start of your term abroad).
- A non-refundable application fee will be charged to your student account.
- See Deadline to apply
Accept your McGill exchange nomination
After accepting your nomination, you’ll be added to a special course in myCourses. You will receive specific instructions from Service Point/Exchange Office on how to apply to the host in the form of an “assignment”. DO NOT apply to the host university until you have received these instructions. Note that there may be a delay of a few weeks to a few months between your nomination and the host application instructions.
Apply for admission to your host university
Start course equivalency approval process after hearing from your host university
Depending on your host institution’s credit weight, in order to obtain 15 McGill transfer credits, you may be required to register for as less as 3 courses to as much as 10 courses. Please read carefully our Course equivalency and transfer credit page.
- The host school will include visa information in their acceptance materials. For visa-related issues, please contact the Embassy or Consulate of the country where you will be studying.
- Please update your specialization to reflect the program you are currently pursuing.
- Please ensure that minor courses are approved by the minor adviser
- For information about course offerings at the host institution, residences and add/drop deadlines please consult the website or contact the exchange office of the host school.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the McGill BCom requirements for all courses taken on exchange.
If you decide to cancel Exchange you need to fill out the Request to Cancel Exchange Term Form.