BCom students can take courses through the Quebec University Network (BCI). One must apply through the CREPUQ website - approval or refusal is granted by the BCom Office. It is imperative that an explanation be given as to why the course must be done through another institution.
- Be a registered BCom student in the current academic year
- Have a CGPA of at least:
- 2.70 for study in the fall or winter terms
- 2.00 for study in the summer term
Step 1: Course Equivalency Database
- Visit the McGill Course Equivalency System to verify if the courses you wish to take are already in the database, if it is already there, proceed to Step 2.
- If the courses are not listed, you can Login, click Home and Submit a new Request.
- Make sure you have a recent course outline in PDF format. Please ensure course outlines to be reviewed contain the following detailed information: thorough description, breakdown of topics covered, method of evaluation and course materials, and credit weight and/or hours.
Step 2: CREPUQ Website
- Fill out the "Authorization to transfer credits form" on the BCI website.
- April 1st for Summer courses
- August 1st for Fall Semester courses
- December 1st for Winter Semester courses
Please note the following:
- Please allow 5 to 7 business days for approvals.
- Approval does NOT guarantee you will be able to get into your chosen course(s).
- No credits will be granted for online management courses. A maximum of 6 credits will be granted for online non-management electives only.
- The maximum number of credits that can be transferred includes Exchange, Study Away (summer courses) and Inter University Transfer courses etc. You may receive a maximum of 12 credits for your major, 6 credits for your concentration or minor and 9 credits for management core from any institution other than McGill University.
- You are permitted a maximum of 6 credits of topics courses towards any specialization. The maximum total includes courses taken at McGill and other institutions.
- The BCom Office makes all final decisions regarding course approvals.
- A transcript will be automatically sent from the host Quebec University to McGill if you have put in your request through CREPUQ.
- Courses cannot be taken pass/fail. You will receive a grade from the host school which will transfer as credits on your McGill transcript. Grades will not be calculated into your McGill GPA.
- Please ensure that minor courses are approved by the minor adviser
- It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the McGill BCom requirements for all courses taken.