BCom students can take courses through the Quebec Inter-University Transfer Agreement (IUT). Approval or refusal is granted by the BCom Office. It is imperative that an explanation be given as to why the course must be done through another institution.
- Be a registered BCom student in the current academic year
- Have a CGPA of at least:
- 2.70 for study in the fall or winter terms
- 2.00 for study in the summer term
- Step 1: Course equivalency and transfer credits
- Step 2: IUT Website
- Review Special Notes
- Cancellation and course withdrawal
Step 1: Course equivalency and transfer credits
Get your course assessed for equivalency and verify course requirements. Consult the Course equivalency and transfer credits page for details.
Step 2: IUT Website
To apply for an IUT, you will need to use the online AEHE-IUT form. Once your application has been approved, you must still register for the approved course(s) at the host institution.
- Summer: April 1st
- Fall: August 1st
- Winter: December 1st
Review Special Notes
- Please allow 5 to 7 business days for approvals.
- Approval does NOT guarantee you will be able to get into your chosen course(s).
- No credits will be granted for online management courses. A maximum of 6 credits will be granted for online non-management electives only.
- The maximum number of credits that can be transferred includes Exchange, Study Away (summer courses) and Inter University Transfer courses etc. You may receive a maximum of 12 credits for your major, 6 credits for your concentration or minor and 9 credits for management core from any institution other than McGill University.
- You are permitted a maximum of 6 credits of topics courses towards any specialization. The maximum total includes courses taken at McGill and other institutions.
- The BCom Office makes all final decisions regarding course approvals.
- A transcript will be automatically sent from the Quebec University to McGill.
- Courses cannot be taken pass/fail. You will receive a grade from the host school which will transfer as credits on your McGill transcript. Grades will not be calculated into your McGill GPA.
- Please ensure that minor courses are approved by the minor adviser
- It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the McGill BCom requirements for all courses taken.
Cancellation and course withdrawalWhile studying away from McGill, your host university's policies for adding and dropping courses will apply. If you add/drop or withdraw from courses at your host university, you must submit these changes on your AEHE-IUT form ('Withdraw an application or cancel a course').