For programs normally requiring screening material, screening for Fall 2021 is not required. Please continue to monitor the admission website for any adjustments to the admission process and audition repertoire.
Questions: please contact undergraduateadmissions.music [at] mcgill.ca (the admission office)
- Virtual interviews and online interactions may be scheduled for select applicants. Applicants may be contacted after admission material has been submitted. You are not required to sign up in advance.
You must upload a video recording through our music upload form. This will be considered as your audition. Your recording should be up to 30 minutes long, depending on the requirements listed for your instrument.
- Review your repertoire requirements. If we have not provided sample pieces, choose your own material from your instrument’s traditional repertoire. Select material that highlights your musicianship and technical proficiency.
- Make sure the sound quality on your video recording is very good. Re-record a piece if it does not sound clear. Your recordings should be less than 6 months old.
- Follow the instructions to upload your video(s) by February 15th, 2021. We accept 'avi', 'mov', 'mp4' and 'wmv' formats. Upload times will depend on file size and upload speed (determined by service provider).
- Include a list of your recordings and repertoire with your uploaded materials.
- If you are a composition applicant, you can upload your composition samples (due by February 15) at the same time.