Have you chosen your program, read about costs, checked the admission requirements and deadlines? Are your application materials in order? If so, you're ready to apply!
Step 1: Get your supporting materials together. You will need to upload them after you apply online.
Step 2: Complete McGill University's online application form in English or French. McGill's application guide will help you along the way. Include your statement of intent directly in the form. Deadline: January 15th, or December 1st for regional auditions.
Step 3: Pay the $107.50 application fee and the $66.17 audition fee via credit card. You will receive an email confirmation with your McGill ID after you apply.
Step 4: Submit your supporting material after you get your McGill ID.
- Upload through Minerva:
- Your unofficial high school/university transcripts. If you are a CEGEP or Ontario high school applicant and you indicated your permanent code or OUAC number on your application, skip this step. Deadline: February 1st.
- Composition applicants: Sample scores, assembled in one PDF. Deadline: February 1st.
- Ask your teachers/referees to:
- Reference Letter (referred to as the Evaluation Form on your McGill University checklist)* - update: Sept. 5, 2017 - new information for referees will be posted shortly. Deadline: February 1st.
- B.Mus./B.Ed. applicants: In addition, ask a music teacher or someone who can attest to your teaching skills to email a letter of support to the undergraduateadmissions.music [at] mcgill.ca (Admissions Office) (undergraduateadmissions.music [at] mcgill.ca). Deadline: February 1st.
- Upload through our music upload form:
- Your final video audition (format: avi, mov, mp4 or wmv) with description of recordings/repertoire, if you cannot participate in regional or on-campus auditions. This applies to all applicants. Deadline: February 1st.
- Jazz and female voice applicants: Audio screening material (format: mp3), if you want to attend an on-campus audition. Deadline: January 15th.
- Composition applicants: Sample recordings (mp3), if available. Deadline: February 1st.
- Sound recording qualifying year applicants: Sound recording demos (mp3), if available. Deadline: March 1st.
- String applicants: An unedited one-take video recording of a full major concerto (all movements), if you want to be considered for the Lloyd Carr-Harris (LCH) String Scholarship but you are not attending on-campus auditions. Deadline: February 1st.
After you've applied, check on your application status.
Current McGill students - inter and intra faculty transfers
- See Inter/Intra faculty transfer and readmission for application information.
- Music students applying for readmission after a period of absence should contact the Student Affairs Office.