The Schulich School of Music facilities are currently closed to the public. Some students, faculty, and staff have been granted limited access. Details can be found on the Schulich’s COVID-19 FAQ page.
COVID-19 Room Bookings and Curfew
Booking requests can be made using the booking request form. Before completing the form, please refer to the room booking system (VPN required) to view all current reservations. All persons on campus must be accounted for. The detail included in your request helps determine the appropriate room size and equipment, as well as the amount of time to leave between bookings, so be as thorough as possible.
Requests will be processed on a first come, first-served basis and can take up to 2 days to process during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Weekend booking requests will only be processed on Monday starting at 10:00 a.m., it is highly recommended to submit booking request as early as possible.
As long as the city of Montreal is at a Level 4- Maximum Alert, the 8:00 p.m.– 5:00 a.m. curfew is still in effect. Letters of safe passage are being issued to students and staff with room bookings past 7:30 p.m.
Room Reservation Reminders
- Only the individuals who are booked to be in a room at a given time are allowed to be present in that room. This means:
- Only the one person who has booked a practice room is allowed to be in that room for that period of time. It is strictly forbidden to invite anyone else into your practice room.
- Rehearsals that involve more than one person need to be booked with the Building Director’s Office. Only those individuals who are booked to be in the room at that time are allowed to be present.
- For students with recitals:
- DRESS REHEARSAL: Only the performer(s), accompanist (and a page turner if required), and practical instructor are allowed to be present
- PERFORMANCE: Only the performer(s), accompanist (and a page turner if required) and the jury panel can be present
- Cleaning protocols must be strictly followed
- Anyone playing on a keyboard instrument is responsible for cleaning the keyboard after each use
- Anyone playing/singing in front of a Plexiglass shield (wind and brass instruments and singers) is responsible for cleaning their side of the shield after each use
The Building Director's Office
Students, Faculty and staff can book classrooms, conference rooms, ensemble rooms, teaching studios and library seminar rooms through the online room booking system (see COVID-19 Room Bookings above for current process).
Students and staff can access the following services through the Building Director's office:
- Access cards and key loans
- Instrument and equipment loans
- A-832 conference room rental (buildingdirector.music [at] mcgill.ca (email us))
- Maintenance and security issues (buildingdirector.music [at] mcgill.ca (email us))
Communications & Production (booking a hall or recording services)
Students, staff and external clients can reserve and rent our halls & recording studios through Communications & Production.
Students & Staff
- Visit Concert Hall Bookings for instructions about reserving our halls, booking procedures and policies.
What services are you interested in?