On this page:
Equipment available for borrowing / Reservation requests
- Advance reservations are required for most items. This generally means submitting the request form at least 2 days in advance. See below for more details.
- Please refer to the table below to determine which equipment is available for (1) McGill students, faculty, and staff (2) McGill Music students, faculty, and staff; or (3) McGill Sound Recording (SR) students, SR faculty, and SR-Qualifying Year students.
- Equipment is generally available for a loan period of 2 days plus one overnight, due at 5pm on the return date. Loan periods may be shorter subject to availability.
- Example: equipment borrowed on Friday will be due back on Monday at 5pm.
- While equipment is on loan, borrowers are fully responsible for all items listed on the attached tag. Equipment will not be checked in until all included pieces are accounted for. Borrowers are responsible for any damage or replacement costs.
- All equipment loans are subject to reserve item late fines, calculated at a rate of $0.02 per minute late on a per item basis.
Alternate source for borrowing equipment: McGill IT Services also provides audiovisual equipment loans, at 688 Sherbrooke West, Room 285, for McGill-related and non-commercial purposes.
Advance reservations are required for most Music Library equipment.
- All equipment listed in the table below must be requested in advance via the online Reservation request form.
- Reservation requests from McGill Music students, faculty, and staff will be prioritized.
- Equipment items not listed in the table below (e.g. adapters, power cords) can be requested as follows:
- Via the online Reservation request form, or
- At the Music Library's AV Hub on the 4th floor (when the AV Hub is closed, requests can be made at the Service Desk on the 3rd floor)
Reservation request form for Music Library equipment (sign in required)
- We'll do our best to respond to your request within 24 hours, excluding weekends, holidays and after hours.
- Questions? Please musiccirc.library [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Equipment%20reservation%20request%20question) (send a message to the Music Library).
Take note! Catalogue links show current equipment availability but do not reflect upcoming reservations.
A/V equipment available in the Library Seminar Rooms and A412 (Active Learning Classroom)
|Laptop stereo connection||•||•||•||•|
|Laser Disc player||•||•||•|
|Mini Disc player||•|
Pianos in the Music Library
- 2 Yamaha Clavinova Electronic Pianos (stand-alone) with headphones (on the 3rd floor, northwest corner)
- Acoustic and/or electronic pianos are also in each of the Library Seminar Rooms and in A412
Need access to software for specialized music purposes?