Questions about Music Library equipment?
Need access to software for specialized music purposes?
- Please refer to the table below to determine whether the equipment is available for (1) Music students, Music faculty, and Music staff; or (2) Sound Recording (SR) students, SR faculty, and SR-Qualifying Year students.
- At this time, equipment can be picked up and returned during the Wirth Lobby Pickup Service from 11 AM - 2 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- At this time, equipment is generally available for 2-day loans or 1-week loans.
- While the equipment is on loan, borrowers are fully responsible for all items listed on the tag. Equipment will not be checked in until all included pieces are accounted for. Borrowers are responsible for any damage or replacement costs.
- At this time, all equipment is subject to a 7-day quarantine period between loans.
- All equipment loans are subject to reserve item late fines that are calculated at a rate of $0.02 per minute late on a per item basis.
Alternate source for borrowing equipment: McGill IT Services also provides audiovisual equipment loans, at 688 Sherbrooke West, Room 285, for McGill-related and non-commercial purposes.
Please note that only McGill Music students, Music faculty, and Music staff may request reservations in advance.
Music Library equipment: Reservation request form (sign in required)
- We can usually respond to reservation requests within 48 hours.
- Questions? Please musiccirc.library [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Equipment%20reservation%20request%20question) (send a message to the Music Library).
Take note! Catalogue links show current equipment availability but do not reflect upcoming reservations.
A/V equipment available in the Library Seminar Rooms and A412 (Active Learning Classroom)
|Laptop stereo connection||•||•||•||•|
|Laser Disc player||•||•||•|
|Mini Disc player||•|
Pianos in the Music Library
- 2 Yamaha Clavinova Electronic Pianos (stand-alone) with Koss headphones (on the 3rd floor, northwest corner)
- Acoustic and/or electronic pianos are also in each of the Library Seminar Rooms and in A412