Admissions for Summer 2023 have closed.
All supporting documents must be uploaded directly to the McGill online Application Management system for graduate admissions (summer admission).
Online Application Form
Online Application for Admission form: complete the graduate studies online form through the McGill online Application Management system for graduate admissions (summer admission. McGill students can log in using their McGill username and password. Applicants from outside McGill must create an account to access McGill University online services.
Once you’ve logged in, you must complete your profile before you submit an application. You can stop and save your progress at any time. The application will only be processed once you have submitted it.
When choosing the program, please make sure to select Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting.
At the application stage you will be asked to fill out mandatory additional questions about CPA-related employment, past or upcoming. Should you answer "Yes" to question(s), the system will ask you for the employment details.
For a non-refundable fee of $132.90*, you can submit up to two applications in the same term to two different programs**. This fee is payable by credit card when you submit the form.
Make sure that you print/save the confirmation page that pops up after you submit the payment. There’s no confirmation email generated by the system.
* For updated information please refer to the student accounts website.
When completing your application, you must list all the university-level institutions you have attended to date and be sure to enter if you have graduated or expect to graduate.
In case of credit transfers or exchange terms, you are required to upload the transcript from the University you attended ('No Degree' option). Uploaded copies are considered unofficial transcripts. If you receive an offer of admission, you will be required to make arrangements for an official copy of each transcript to be sent to us.
McGill University applicants: McGill University unofficial and final official transcripts will be uploaded automatically in the system.
If accepted to the GCPA program, you will be asked to submit the following official documents:
- Final Official Transcripts
- Proof of Graduation (often indicated on your transcript)
Ensure that you send all of the required documents or bring them in person to the following location:
Desautels Faculty of Management
3420 McTavish Street [Map], room 155M
McGill BCom applicants are not required to provide recommendation letters. However, you will not be able to proceed with your application without completing this section. Please indicate as your referees:
Referee #1: GCPA Program Office, gcpa.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca
Referee #2: Student Affairs Administrator, gcpaexam.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca
All other applicants must provide the name and a valid institutional email address of two referees on the application form. An automatic email will be sent directly to them inviting them to upload references on your behalf. If at any time you need to make changes to the referee information, you can apply these changes directly on your application management page. You will be advised by email if a referee declines to write a recommendation for you.
Detailed information on letters of reference is available here.
The following should be respected when writing a reference letter:
- It must be written (preferably typed) on official letterhead, unless the text of the letter is input directly on the application management system reference letter web form. A saved PDF version can be uploaded to application management system web form following the reference letter instructions sent automatically to the referee.
- The position of the referee and full contact information at the institution must be specified.
- The complete name of the applicant and program he/she is applying for.
- An appraisal of the applicant in terms of academic performance, background preparation, work habits, personality, and general suitability for the program of choice should be given in the letter. An incomplete evaluation will place the applicant at a disadvantage.
- The letter must be signed and dated by the referee, unless input directly on the application management system reference letter web form.”
Personal Statement and CV
All applicants must submit a personal statement, not to exceed two pages, to support their application. The personal statement could include why you are interested in pursuing the CPA designation; if you have relevant work experience; describe involvement in any extracurricular activities such as clubs, sports, case competitions, or volunteer work; explain any breaks in your undergraduate studies or reasons you did not follow a full course load; as well as any other personal information that will help us make an admission decision on your application.
For detailed information regarding additional documents that may be required by certain departments, please consult Admission Requirements and Application Procedures for each department here.
McGill Username and McGill Passwords
Forgot your McGill Password?
Can’t login? Contact ICS Service Desk via email at ITsupport [at] mcgill.ca or by phone at 514-398-3398.