- Founded in 1897
- One of the nine members of the C9 League in China
- Top 2 in China according to China Management Science Institute Ranking
- 45th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2022)
- 75th among 1,600 universities across 99 countries and territories (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022)
- 52nd in the world (Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021)
- 20 disciplines listed by Essential Science Indicator (ESI) as top 1% in the world and 10 in top 1%
- Hold triple international accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA) on five-year terms
Founded in 1821, McGill University is one of Canada's best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world. With students coming to McGill from over 150 countries, our student body is the most internationally diverse of any research-intensive university in the country.
In addition to a stellar faculty, McGill is known for attracting the brightest students from across Canada, the United States, and around the world. McGill students have the highest average entering grades in Canada, and our commitment to fostering the very best has helped our students win more national and international awards on average than their peers at any other Canadian university. The prestigious Rhodes Scholarship has gone to a nation-leading 145 McGill students.