Application open from May 1 to June 1
Fall 2023 CGPA cut-off: 3.50
The Faculty of Management offers a Minor in Management for non-management students, that allows undergraduates to develop a variety of managerial skills that will serve them throughout their chosen careers.
- All students should consult with their faculty or departmental advisor before applying, to ensure that they are meeting their faculty rules and restrictions concerning the maximum number of credits taken outside of their home faculty and their eligibility to complete the minor.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 24 graded credits completed at McGill before applying.
- Applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 3.30 (this does not guarantee acceptance).
- Completing management courses prior to admission will not have any influence on your application. Any management courses completed prior to being admitted may count towards the minor.
- May not be pursuing or have completed a retired Minor in Marketing, Finance, Operations Management, or Entrepreneurship (for Non-Management students).
- Students pursuing a Joint Honours Economics Finance or Accounting cannot pursue the Minor in Management.
- Students entering U3 or their final year will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis as it may be difficult to finish the minor before graduation.
- Applications are due by June 1, replies should start going out in July - early responses are not given.
- Students will be informed via their McGill email address concerning their application.
- Once you are admitted in the Minor, we will help you register into any courses you would need to ensure you are not delaying graduation.
About the Minor
- The minor is composed of 18 credits of Management courses . We do not accept double counting of courses.
- 6 credits maximum that can be transferred from any institution other than McGill University (exchange, study away, etc). Please consult with the BCom office.
- Courses counting towards the minor cannot be taken under the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory option. Courses for the minor must be passed with grades of C or better.
- Courses completed through the School of Continuing Studies will not be allowed to count for the minor.
- Students who take an equivalent statistics course in another faculty may not count those credits towards the minor even if the equivalent statistics course(s) permits moving on to other courses.
Students currently registered in a Minor
- Returning students that are currently registered in one of our retired minors in Finance, Marketing or Operations Management, may continue to complete the minor until their graduation.
For any questions, please contact the BCom office.
Required (9 credits from the list below with course code MGCR):
Complementary (9 credits):
|* Prerequisite: MGCR 271 Business Statistics or another equivalent statistics course approved by the BCom Program adviser. Students should select their statistics course only after consulting the Course Overlap information to avoid overlapping statistics courses.|
|** Prerequisite: MATH 122 or MATH 140 & MATH 123 or MATH 133.|
|+ B.A. Economics Majors or Minors in Economics may not take this course for credit.|