The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management (GCHM) is a 15-credit graduate program that is delivered remotely, with all 4 modules delivered live and online. This program spans over 8 months and includes a Capstone project that will span the length of the program.
GCHM Program Modules:
Introduction to Program
|Financial Management||Operations Management||Healthcare Leadership|
|Operations Management||Negotiation||Leading and Managing People|
Healthcare Leadership (LEADS)
|Capstone and Practicum||Capstone and Practicum||Capstone and Practicum|
|Capstone and Practicum||
- The full program duration will be 8 months, consisting of 4 modules, broken down over the Winter and Summer terms.
- Each module will consist of 6 days of live, online sessions, from 9 am – 2 pm EST.
- The 2023 module dates are as follows:
- Module 1: January 30 - February 4
- Module 2: March 27 - April 1
- Module 3: May 29 – June 3
- Module 4: August 28 – September 2
- Individual and group work will bridge the modules, along with facilitated online workshops.
- The 2023 online workshops are scheduled from 10 am – 12 pm EST on the following dates:
- Workshop 1: March 7
- Workshop 2: April 25
- Workshop 3: July 11
- The program will be supported through readings, individual and group assignments, and workshops.
- Each student will be paired with an experienced healthcare leader, who will act as their mentor throughout the program, and who will support the student on their experiential final (CAPSTONE) project. The final Capstone project will serve to reinforce the material presented in each course and may take the form of a business plan, quality improvement project, or position paper on a topic related to the learning in the program.