Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2) Introductory Online Workshop (English)
Dates: April 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 2023 (6 half-days)
Certified trainer: Dr. Mandy Steiman, Clinical Psychologist
Accreditation: More information coming soon
Price: $1,000 - $1,250 CAD +tax
|Wednesday, April 12, 2023||1 to 4:30 PM EDT|
|Thursday, April 13, 2023||1 to 4:30 PM EDT|
|Friday, April 14, 2023||1 to 4:30 PM EDT|
|Wednesday, April 19, 2023||1 to 4:30 PM EDT|
|Thursday, April 20, 2023||1 to 4:30 PM EDT|
|Friday, April 21, 2023||1 to 4:30 PM EDT|
This online workshop is offered over 6 half-days, and is equivalent to the in-person ADOS-2 Introductory Workshop offered over 3 full days.
Participants must attend all sessions.
About the workshop
The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule - Second Edition (ADOS-2) is a widely used standardized assessment tool to inform diagnostic assessments for autism.
The online workshop is for professionals who would like to gain additional skills in diagnosing autism using the ADOS-2 across ages, developmental levels and language skills. It covers modules 1, 2, 3 and 4 as well as the Toddler module, and includes discussion about:
- the use of the ADOS-2 in making a clinical diagnosis
- administration, scoring, and use of ADOS-2 algorithms
- issues related to differential diagnosis, diagnosis in context, complex clinical situations, and report writing
- current research on ADOS-2.
- This workshop is offered in English
- A French workshop will be held in May 2023
Who can attend
- New and experienced clinicians, researchers, and students who want to use or learn more about the ADOS-2
- International and Canadian participants are welcome
About the trainer
Mandy Steiman, PhD, Psychologist, specializes in the assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorder and associated diagnoses. She received an undergraduate degree at McGill University, and Master of Science and doctoral degrees at the University of Washington in Seattle.
Steiman has held positions at the McGill University Health Centre since 2006, working with complex and diverse clinical populations and leading multi-disciplinary teams. For over 15 years, she has served as a clinical site leader for numerous multi-site and longitudinal research studies.
Steiman trains students and professionals from a wide range of disciplines in diagnostic assessment for both research and clinical purposes. She is a certified trainer for diagnostic tools, including the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – Second Edition (ADOS-2) and the Autism Diagnostic Interview – Revised (ADI-R). Her goal is to train professionals to provide high quality, evidence-based care while employing an empathic and collaborative approach with patients and their families.
Regular Fee: $1,250 CAD +tax
Reduced Fee: $1,000 CAD +tax - The reduced fee applies to students; clinicians in the public healthcare system or the public school system in Canada; all participants from low-income or middle-income countries
- Early registration is encouraged as spaces are limited.
- Your spot is secured upon completing registration and payment.
- We reserve the right to cancel workshops in the case of insufficient attendance.
- We ask that participants have access to an ADOS-2 Manual. Materials can be in English, French or any of the official ADOS-2 translations.
- Protocols for Modules 1, 2, 3, 4 and the Toddler Module are included in the workshop fee.
Registration is now open:
For updates and information:
Questions? Contact us at acar-training.neuro [at] mcgill.ca
To inquire about offering an ADOS-2 workshop exclusively for your staff, please acar-training.neuro [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Site-specific%20ADOS-2%20workshop%20request) (contact us). Note that we can accommodate a small number of requests, and those from our network are prioritized.
Building a community of shared expertise
Its annual professional development opportunities help to enhance the skills of autism professionals and build a community of shared learning, support and expertise.