2022-2023 Competition dates
Monday, December 6 at 7pm in Pollack Hall
Overview and prizes
UP TO three prizes will be awarded to one group at the discretion of the jury (taking into account budgetary considerations and scheduling):
- A 5-7 day residence at the Mozarteum in Salzburg
- Ensembles will be coached by several members of the host school.
- Residence should be planned for the Winter semester 2023 and should be completed by July 2023.
- Where possible, a performance will also be scheduled
- The local institution will help by providing recommendations for inexpensive accommodation.
- Travel allowance will be a maximum of $1800 per person, with extra compensation for a musician travelling with an instrument. Graduate students awarded this scholarship will not be eligible for additional GREAT funding for this trip
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded (ie, no cash equivalent)
- The winner of the 2022-2023 Chamber Music Competition will be awarded a $1000 cash prize, kindly provided by an anonymous donor.
- A Featured Half-Recital at Bon-Pasteur
Information for applicants
- Repertoire Requirements
- One Complete Work
- One Contrasting Work (at least one movement)
- Two rounds will take place:
- Preliminary Round: Monday, December 6, 10am - 1pm in Pollack Hall
- Final Round: Monday, December 6 at 7-10pm in Pollack Hall
(Dress rehearsal at 2-5pm)
Preliminary Jury: André Roy, Violaine Melançon, and Chloe Dominguez
Finals Jury: Violaine Melançon, Chloe Dominguez, and Guillaume Sutre
- At the preliminary round, depending on the number of applications received, either a complete work or excerpts of a specified duration will be requested on the day of the competition.
- 3 or 4 groups will be selected for the final round and each group will perform the full program in its entirety.
- A list of finalists will be emailed to all participants as soon as possible following the first round.
Any group of between 3-5 instrumentalists who have taken MUEN 560, 561, or 568 (string, brass, wind, and mixed ensemble with piano) in the Fall 2022 semester and received coaching for the entire semester.
- Fill out and submit the application form by Friday, November 18th, 2022