Please note: As of April 29, no new Authorized Borrowers accounts can be processed due to the library system change. New procedures will be in place by early June 2019. If you have any questions, please contact your branch library.
- Faculty may authorize individuals (e.g. students, research assistants, visiting professors) to borrow print library materials on their behalf by completing the Authorized Borrower request form.
- Once the form has been completed, the individual who has been authorized will receive an email confirmation. They should show this email to the Loans Desk staff of the branch library they selected on the form.
- Loan periods for borrowing from the McGill collections are the same as those for McGill faculty and staff.
- Please note that all recalls, overdue notices, etc. will be sent to the faculty member who takes final responsibility for the loans.
- To renew one of your existing authorized borrowers, please complete the Authorized Borrower request form. The authorized borrower does not need to come into the library in person for a renewal.