REGISTER FOR OPEN HOUSE HERE*
*Please note: this registration form is for the Schulich School of Music Open House only.
For information on McGill’s Open House activities taking place on the main campus please look here.
Attend Open House and WIN A SCHOLARSHIP!
If you attend Open House, you will be entered to win one of three $1,000 Undergraduate Music Scholarships.
All undergraduate applicants who have attended Open House (checked in at our welcome desk) and who are applying for Fall 2023 admission will automatically be entered to win. A random draw will take place after the event and winners will be notified by email. Scholarship terms and conditions will be sent to awardees.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES:
(This is a preliminary schedule. More information and activities will be added. Please check back for changes.)
- TOURS: General Schulich School of Music tours will be offered | 10:00am or 1:30pm |
Both will depart from the Elizabeth Wirth Music Building lobby (527 Sherbrooke St West ).
- Violin Masterclass with Prof. Axel Strauss | 10:30am-11:50am | Tanna Schulich Hall
Brass warm up session with Trevor Dix. Visiting students, bring your instrument to join in! | 11:00am – 12:00pm | C-304
- Undergraduate Admissions Information Sessions | 12:00-12:45pm | Tanna Schulich Hall.
- Piano Masterclass with Prof. Sara Laimon | 1:00pm-2:15pm | Tanna Schulich Hall
- Jazz Combos at Schulich with Profs. Ira Coleman and Rémi Bolduc| 1:30pm | C-304
- Composition at Schulich | 1:30pm-2:30pm | Room A-832
In this one-hour presentation, Composition Area Coordinator, Prof. Chris Paul Harman will give a brief overview of the programs offered in the Area and will introduce two current student composers, Lily Koslow and Philippe Macnab-Séguin, who will present some of their recent music. Q+A and an informal meet-and-greet will follow.
- “What’s Opera Doc?”
Opera McGill's artistic team of Prof. Patrick Hansen and Prof. Stephen Hargreaves will be presenting Opera McGill students in public masterclasses of arias spanning over 400 years of repertoire. There will also be a Q&A session at the end of each masterclass. | 1:30pm & 2:30pm | Wirth Opera Studio
- Early Music at the Schulich School
The Early Music Area presents ensemble music for voices and instruments, followed by a Q&A with students and faculty. Details coming!
- Saxophone class concert with Prof. Marie-Chantal Leclair. Details coming!
Looking beyond Open House, the Schulich School of Music would like to extend a warm invitation for prospective students to attend any of our upcoming events.
- Email recruitment.music [at] mcgill.ca with your questions.