FFO Roles and Responsibilities
The FFOs (Financial Officers in Faculties and Central Units) are responsible for the Faculty/Central Unit’s financial matters and operations. This position works closely with Financial Services on the following matters:
- Responsible for implementing financial processes & controls to adhere to Financial Services’ Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for partnering with Financial Services in the event of non-compliance.
- Accountable for Fund/Grant management:
- Monitor funds/grants by ensuring financial transactions are legitimate,
reasonable and an appropriate use of the fund/grant and must be in support of the
University’s/Granting Agencies policies
- Ensure no over-expenditure exists
- Prepare year-end variance analysis for unrestricted funds
- Oversee the Financial Services Teams
- Prepare Faculty/Central Unit financial reports & analyses
- Participate in the Research Financial Management Services Compliance Reviews
- Act as the Key Financial Contact and/or assign other Key Financial Contacts and uPrint Administrators.
To access previous FFO Meeting Presentations, please log in.
|Checklist for Transfers and Terminations|
To be used whenever a member from your department/faculty has been transferred or terminated - various finance roles/permissions need to be revoked in addition to initiating the usual TNT process.
Resources and Tools for Updating Financial Services Teams (FST) Membership
In order to facilitate your role in managing FST Teams, we have developed Checklists which indicate the steps required to maintain FST Memberships and Electronic Forms to facilitate updates to FST Teams. All requests for changes to FST membership must be made online using the electronic forms that are available. If you have any questions, please contact Fissecurity.acct [at] mcgill.ca
|Checklists||Electronic Forms to be submitted||Paper Form to be submitted|