luana.sorella [at] mcgill.ca (Luana Sorella)
1010 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H3A 2R7
This office oversees the administration of all the University's capital project funds:
- Administers, approves and reports for all the University's capital expenditures. Capital Equipment allocations as well as Building Construction and Renovation are under this jurisdiction.
- Ensures capital expenditures are booked as assets and are depreciated each year-end.
- When the University decides to finance capital projects from internal sources, Project Accounting prepares amortization schedules and reconciliations for the internal advances.
- Ensures that principal repayments and interest charges are correctly applied.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assigning FOAPAL strings to new capital grants/contracts or facilities operations
- Setting up awarded budgets (spending power)
- Financial Reporting
- Billings and Accounts Payable
- Monitoring Over-expenditures