3465 Durocher Street, 3rd floor
Montreal, Quebec H2X 0A8
Unit Responsibilities & Contacts
- Provides support to the researchers in order to facilitate the management of their research grants/contracts as well as provides financial management and control on behalf of external funding stakeholders (Governmental Agencies, Foundations, Corporations, etc).
- Responsible for the timely and accurate recording of revenues and expenditures relating to research grants, contracts, international research agreements and other restricted funds, in accordance with the reporting requirements of granting agencies, corporations and/or government as well as McGill University.
- Together with faculties, departments and researchers, our office ensures that funds are expended and accounted for in accordance with the terms, conditions and regulations provided by the source of funding and/or policies and procedures of the University.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assigning FOAPAL strings to new research grants/contracts
- Setting up awarded budgets (spending power)
- Financial Reporting
- Coordinating Agency Audits
- Inter-institutional advances (partner grants)
- Monitoring Over-expenditures
- Receivables (Aging)
- Interpretation of granting agency regulations
- Spending in accordance with agency regulation