IMHL graduate Nicole Rouvinez-Bouali (IMHL’17) has had a very busy year: from publishing a chapter in an award-winning book and starting new research collaborations, to receiving the 2018 Leading Physicians of the World Award.
More specifically, over 2018, Rouvinez-Bouali has:
- Started a fundraising campaign to help provide appropriate equipment to more neonatal units in collaboration with partners from the USAID project.
- Launched a new project in collaboration with ophthalmologists and another neonatologist from USA and Canada to decrease blindness from retinopathy of prematurity. This large-scale project includes 10 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Published part of her IMHL final paper as a book chapter. The book was named "Book of the year 2018" by the Academy of Human Resource Development (N Rouvinez Bouali. In the skin of a “Worldly” female doctor manager. In Randal Joy Thompson and Julia Storberg-Walker (ed) Leadership and Power in International Development (Building Leadership Bridges). Emerald Publishing. 2018, Oct: 231-246).
- Received the 2018 Leading Physicians of the World Award from the International Association of Healthcare Professionals in recognition of her international work and following the publication of her book chapter on leadership in international development.
- Been promoted to the level of Associate Professor in her role as a full-time academic neonatologist in Ottawa.