To: Management Staff and Staff in positions excluded from the MUNACA bargaining unit
2008-09 Salary Increase Implementation:
The 2008-09 Salary Policy is comprised of a total salary increase budget of 3%. Salary increase implementation guidelines provide for a minimum increase of 2% for all staff meeting the requirements of their job.
McGill University’s success is in large part due to the hard work and dedication of our administrative staff. This Salary Policy provides for the fair and equitable recognition of all staff who make a sustained positive contribution to the University, while at the same time providing the flexibility to reward those staff members whose contributions and achievements consistently exceed expectations.
Units will be provided with a salary increase envelope equal to 3% of eligible salaries within their unit. Staff may be rated according to one of four performance categories as defined below. There is no limitation to the number of staff who may be rated in any single category, although units may not exceed their salary increase envelope.
Salary increases are effective December 1, 2008 and will be reflected on the pay of December 15, 2008.
1) Effective December 1, 2008, salaries of eligible management staff (“M”) and staff in positions excluded from the MUNACA bargaining unit (“C”, “T” and “LA”) will be increased in accordance with the performance categories and salary increase guidelines outlined below, subject to scale maxima.
2) The allocation represents 3% of all eligible salaries.
1. The reference period being from June 1, 2007 to May 31, 2008, an employee must have been appointed to a regular M position (or a position excluded from the MUNACA bargaining unit) by May 31, 2008.
2. In order to receive the increase, employees must be active on the date of implementation i.e. December 1, 2008.
3. Employees hired under the Temporary Employment Policy are not covered by this salary policy.
4. An employee who was in a Term position and was transferred to a regular position by May 31, 2008 is eligible.
5. An employee who was in a MUNACA position and was transferred to a regular “M” position (or a position excluded from the MUNACA bargaining unit) by May 31, 2008 is eligible.
6. Employees of the MUNACA bargaining unit who were transferred to a regular “M” position (or a position excluded from the MUNACA bargaining unit) after May 31, 2008 will receive the 2% minimum increase.