CSQ Exemptions

Students awaiting permanent residency in Canada and holding an eligible CSQ


Documents required:

  1. Study permit
  2. Letter from Immigration Canada attesting that the student is awaiting permanent residency in Canada (PDF icon awaiting_pr_letter.pdf)
  3. CSQ (Certificat de Sélection du Québec) issued by Immigration Québec.
    Note that the CSQ must indicate:
  • One of the following category types: C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, F1, F8, H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, HA, HB, HC, HD, HE, HF, HG, HH, HI, HJ, HK, HL, HM, HN, HO, ID, I4, I5, I6, IJ, IK, IL, IP, IT or RA
  • The federal processing center must indicate one of the following: CTD of Vegreville, CIC of Missisauga-CTD, CIC of Montreal, CIC of Quebec, CIC of Hull, CIC of Sherbrooke or CIC of Trois-Rivières.

If the CSQ does not have both these requirements, then the exemption is not applicable. For more details, see the Politique on the Quebec Ministry of Education website.


Note regarding self-funded programs: ALL students - regardless of legal status - are charged the same rate of tuition fees. Fee exemptions are therefore not applicable to these specific programs. Please refer to www.mcgill.ca/student-accounts/tuition-fees/tuition-and-fees-tables-and-....

Note regarding distance programs: ALL students - regardless of legal status - are charged according to their physical location. For complete details, please refer to https://www.mcgill.ca/student-accounts/tuition-fees/general-tuition-and-fees-information/online-distance-programs.

IMPORTANT NOTES regarding submission deadlines

Back to top