Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada: Residents of other provinces and territories

Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada are required to provide the following documentation in support of their tuition status at McGill and their application for a Quebec permanent code:

Please submit one of the following:

  • PDF icon Canadian birth certificate OR
  • Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency OR
    • IMPORTANT: Newly-admitted students, if you must apply to obtain or replace your citizenship certificate, please servicepoint [at] (subject: Application%2Freplacement%20of%20Canadian%20citizenship%20certificate, body: %0A%0A%0A%0A%0A%7B%7CCategory%7C%7DSpecial%20Letters%20%26%20Forms%0A%7B%7CSubCategory%7C%7DOther%0A%7B%7CType%7C%7DService%20Request%0A%7B%7CID%7C%7D9999) (contact us) as soon as possible and *before* submitting your request to Immigration Canada.
  • PDF icon Certificate of Indian Status OR
  • Certificate of Aboriginal status (Métis National Council identification status card) OR
  • PDF icon Makivik society card


Additionally, students in the following categories must complete a Permanent Code Data form (paper form):


PLEASE NOTE: Canadian passports and Commemorative Certificates of Canadian Citizenship can only be accepted for proof of Canadian status in cases where you already have a Quebec Permanent code which has been validated to us by the Ministry of Education (i.e. the perm code is visible in your Minerva account at Student>Student Accounts>View Tuition & Legal Status).


IMPORTANT NOTES regarding submission deadlines



Back to top