Tuition assistance

On this page:
Assistance for employees | Assistance for employees' dependents

Assistance for employees

Eligibility & details

To determine your eligibility, courses covered, and how and when to apply, consult the appropriate policy:

Academic staff

Consult the Educational Assistance Policy (Academic Staff)

Non-unionized administrative & support staff

Consult the Educational Assistance Policy (Administrative and Support Staff)

Unionized staff

Consult your collective agreement

Application form

If you are eligible, complete the Request for Educational Assistance Form. You need only complete this form once per term. The waiver will apply to all courses taken within the same term, as long as the necessary eligibility requirements are met. Please note that if you are not on the McGill network, you must be logged into the McGill VPN in order to access the form.

Non-credit English prerequisite courses

The following non-credit English for Professional Communication prerequisite courses—YCGL 102, YCGL 104, and YCGL 106—are exceptionally eligible for reimbursement of tuition fees. Following successful completion of the course, send a completed request for educational assistance form with a copy of your transcript to Human Resources. A portion of the form will need to be completed by the School of Continuing Studies, who can also provide you with a copy of your transcript. 

Assistance for employees' dependents

Eligibility & details

To determine eligibility, courses covered, and how and when to apply, consult the Staff dependent tuition waiver policy.

Application form

Complete the online application form.

Back to top