Diplomatic, consular or other representatives

Students admitted to Canada under section 7(1)(a) of the Immigration Act

Diplomatic, consular and other representatives of foreign countries, the UN and other international agencies, their spouse and dependents are exempt from international tuition by holding diplomatic status or by being dependents of those holding such status in Canada.

Documents required:

  1. "Le Protocole" attestation letter from the Québec Government (for more information, refer to the Ministry of Education website and the Ministère des Relations Internationales et Francophonie)
  2. Student's valid diplomatic visa
    • Important note: Students who do not have a diplomatic visa must provide the diplomat's diplomatic visa as well as proof of relationship to the diplomat (e.g. marriage or birth certificate)


Note regarding self-funded programs: ALL students - regardless of legal status - are charged the same rate of tuition fees. Fee exemptions are therefore not applicable to these specific programs. Please refer to www.mcgill.ca/student-accounts/tuition-fees/tuition-and-fees-tables-and-....

Note regarding distance programs: ALL students - regardless of legal status - are charged according to their physical location. For complete details, please refer to https://www.mcgill.ca/student-accounts/tuition-fees/general-tuition-and-fees-information/online-distance-programs.

IMPORTANT NOTES regarding submission deadlines

Back to top