The following programs are designed to be offered on an on-line basis and are not offered on one of McGill’s campuses:
- *Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management
- *Graduate Certificate in International Leadership Education & Administration Development
- **Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership 1
- **Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership 2
- **Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership 3
- **Graduate Certificate in Teaching ESL
- Graduate Certificate in Chronic Pain Management
- Certificat d’étude sup péd de l’imm fr
- **B Nursing – Integrated Nursing
Continuing Studies Programs (Undergraduate and Graduate Levels):
- Certificate in Applied Cybersecurity
- Certificate in Computers & Information Technology
- Certificate in Indigenous Business Management
- Certificate in Public Administration & Governance
- Diploma in Public Administration & Governance
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Translation
*Tuition for these programs is self-funded
** These programs may also have a on-campus equivalent. Only students in online programs must submit a declaration of location for a registered term.
Students in all programs above, except those that are self-funded, will pay tuition as follows:
- Students studying within the province will be subject to the rates established by the government for in-province students.
- Students who are located outside Quebec while studying, will be subject to deregulated tuition rates.
Most regular university charges will apply to all students, but certain fees may be reduced or eliminated for students located outside the province while studying. For example, the Athletics & Recreation Fee is not charged to students studying outside Quebec and International students studying outside Quebec may request to opt-in to the International Health Insurance through https://www.mcgill.ca/internationalstudents/health
Accordingly, students must self-declare for each registered term, where they will be located during that term, on Minerva under the Student Menu > Location of Study - Online (distance) program. Students in one of these online programs will be notified by email that the Minerva form for the upcoming term is open and can be accessed for completion. The form opens to all registered students in the above programs on :
July 16 Fall term
Nov 16 Winter term
Mar 16 Summer term
Once a student has declared their location for a given term, they cannot update the information if it should change. To make a change to the declaration:
- Students in a Continuing Studies program, call 514 398-6200 or email info.conted [at] mcgill.ca.
- All other students, contact Service Point at https://www.mcgill.ca/servicepoint/contact
Students may be asked to support their application for a change in location with appropriate documentation which can include, for example, Quebec Medicare Card, Quebec Driver’s License, rental agreement, mail addressed to them at a Quebec address, etc. If the change of location occurs by the last day of classes in the Fall/Winter terms; and August 15th for the Spring/Summer terms, then the change will affect that term. After these dates, a student must wait for the opening of the new term to make the new self-declaration for that term. If the proof cannot be provided by the last day of classes for the term of the requested change, then Enrolment Services reserves the right to refuse the application to make the change.
Where it is determined that a student has falsely declared themselves to be in Quebec, then the University reserves the right to re-assess tuition at the deregulated rates for their program and in addition be subject to the rules contained in the Student Code of Conduct.
Please check back periodically for updates to this page.