Useful Links and Forms

Work Permit Letters

International Students in the Software Engineering Co-op Program need to obtain a co-op work permit from Immigration Canada in order to legally work in Canada for all jobs related to their co-op program (specifically, courses ECSE 201, 301, 401 and 402). For up to date information about applying for the co-op work permit, please refer to McGill's International Student Services website. Students applying for the co-op work permit must include the attached letter in addition to their acceptance letter into the Software Engineering Co-op Program or proof of enrolment document, please refer to McGill's Student Records website.

PDF iconSE Co-op Work Permit Support Letter


For more information, please see:

CVs & Cover Letter Writing

McGill CaPS CV and cover letter writing guide

McGill CaPS Action verbs guide

Sample resumes on ECC page

How to write a killer software resume

5 rules for writing a software engineering resume

Software Engineering resume samples and writing guide

Behavioural & Technical Interviews

McGill CaPS How to Interview

Involvement & Skill Building

Learn about all about the EUS and many involvement opportunities on the EUSwiki.

Interested in learning how to align your activities with your goals? Create your own IDP (individual development plan) with the help of myPath tools. 


Back to top