We've assembled a number of tools and resources to empower you create your own IDP, identify areas to work on, and find programs and services to help you attain your goals.
- Workbooks and Planners: we've developed workbooks, templates and more to help you create your own IDP.
- myPath video series: A series of videos that take you through the process of writing your IDP. Use with the IDP workbooks or on your own.
- External IDP resources: we have a list of external resources that might be more appropriate depending on your program or needs.
- Individual Development Framework: a framework of goal categories created and managed by SKILLSETS that can help you improve your skills and achieve your goals.
- Resources to help you implement your IDP: find services, programs, and resources at McGill that can help you attain your academic goals, improve your wellbeing and plan for your future.
Who has access?
- McGill Students, Faculty, and Staff can access the myPath IDP Workbook, Planners, Annual IDP Form, and Web App by logging in with your username and password.
- Please contact lorna.maceachern [at] mcgill.ca if you have questions or if you are outside the McGill network and would like to learn more about our tools.
The myPath toolkit was developed and refined based on best practices described in the literature and extensive consultations with students (10 focus groups, survey results, and individual usability sessions). Guidance and additional input was provided by the IDP Advisory Board. Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies also invited feedback from faculty and staff and consulted with experts across campus.