Your C.V. and cover letter are crucial documents in that they usually determine whether or not you will be invited for an interview. As such, they must showcase your most impressive skills and accomplishments. Therefore it is extremely important to tailor your C.V. and cover letter to the position you are targeting so employers know how your skills meet their needs.
C.V. and Cover Letter Review
- CaPS offers a daily C.V. Drop In as well as workshops on C.V. writing and cover letter practice.
- You may also schedule an appointment to have your C.V. or cover letter reviewed by a career advisor at 514-398-3304.
Please note that CaPS and McGill do not endorse any particular websites/services; the listing is for your information only.
Consult the handouts for writing a successful C.V./résumé & cover letter.
French CV & Cover Letter Samples:
- C.V. ciblé
- C.V. non-ciblé
- Lettre de Présentation
- Verbes d'action
- Liste d'aptitudes
- Modèles de CV (University of Ottawa)
- Les essentiels: CV et lettres (Université de Montréal)
Our centre also offers students a wide variety of resources including books containing résumé/C.V. and cover letter samples in both English and French. Popular book titles available at CaPS:
- Best Canadian cover letters
- Best Canadian résumés
- Cover letter & résumé magic
- Gallery of best cover letters & resumes
- Expert résumés for...book series
Books available in the McGill Library:
If you need any assistance in translating your C.V. or cover letter from English to French or vice versa, please contact the following agencies.
- YES Montreal (Note: A fee is required).