How to get an appointment at The Neuro (Montreal Neurological Institute-Hospital)
The Neuro is a referral only hospital, which means you will need to be referred by either your general practitioner (GP) or a specialist to get an appointment.
All referrals must include the following information:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Medicare or health insurance information
- Reason for consultation
- Phone number(s) to be reached
- Name and license number of your referring physician
Appointment procedure if you saw a GP/family doctor:
Your family doctor or GP must send a consultation request to the CRDS (Centre de répartition des demandes de services) using a form provided by the CRDS. Once completed, these forms can be faxed by your doctor to 514-732-5121.
The CRDS will then seek out an appointment on your behalf and then contact you with the appointment date.
Appointment procedure if you saw a specialist:
Your specialist can fax your referral directly to the appropriate Neuro clinic or program, listed below. The hospital will then contact you with the appointment date.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS): 514-398-7454
- Brain tumour clinic: 514-398-7195
- Cognitive disorders: 514-398-2745
- Epilepsy: 514-398-1276
- Movement disorders: 514-398-2304
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS): 514-398-7454
- Neurology: 514-398-2745
- Neuromodulation programme: 514-398-2304
- Neuromuscular programme: 514-398-2745
- Neuro-oncology: 514-398-7195
- Neuropsychology: 514-398-1338
- Neurosurgery: 514-398-2811
- Post-Polio clinic: 514- 398-2745
For instructions on how to get an appointment for other departments at the MUHC, click here.