Through the library building closures, Liaison Librarians remain available virtually to support your teaching needs.
Your Liaison Librarian is available to help with:
- Searching for/accessing online materials in the McGill Library collection
- Identifying Open Educational Resources/Open Textbooks in your discipline
- Investigating the possibility of purchasing online versions of your print course materials
- Troubleshooting assistance for creating links to online Library resources
Find your Liaison Librarian: Liaison Librarians listed by subject area
Three months before classes begin, contact your liaison librarian to:
- Request the materials to be purchased for the Course Readings Service, e.g. required and supplementary readings, DVDs, etc.
- Request any other material to be purchased that you need to support your teaching
- Discuss the range of Library services available for McGill Faculty, such as borrowing library materials and equipment, ILL, eScholarship, etc.
One month before classes begin, contact your liaison librarian to:
- Plan customized, subject-specific research skills workshops for your students
- Create specific subject and course guides for your students, highlighting key databases and other resources
- Create links to electronic version of required and supplementary readings in Course Readings Service catalogue or to get assistance in creating links from your course reading lists to be integrated into myCourses