Please note that access to primary resources on site is not possible at this time. We are happy to offer the following remote services:
As our reading room remains closed until further notice, we are pleased to offer a small-scale on-demand digitization service of our rare and special collections for McGill students, faculty, and staff. The initial rollout of this service prioritizes the McGill community as it prepares for fall 2020 virtual teaching. Click here for more information, or to place a request.
Remote teaching with special collections
We are available to join your virtual classroom to help students discover and engage with primary sources. Our team of librarians and archivists is available to lead or contribute to a session on using primary sources, or work with you to develop an assignment using our collections. We are happy to discuss asynchronous and synchronous instruction options.
Liaison librarians and archivists
Our staff is available to help with:
- Searching for books, archives, and more in the McGill Library collection.
- Integrating primary sources and/or digital objects into student learning.
- Information and archival literacy; Getting started with special collections.
- Exploring alternative reading options among our digital primary resources.
- Creating discipline-specific resources: See Library subject guides.