Borrowers from Canadian universities in other provinces
Please note: Due to the library’s closure during Covid-19, in-person borrowing by faculty and students from other institutions is not currently available.
- Graduate students and faculty from Canadian universities outside Quebec may obtain a McGill Library Borrowing Card with a consortial card such as OCUL (Ontario Council of University Libraries). Note: the McGill Library card you receive does not give you remote access to the Library's electronic resources.
- To obtain your McGill library card, please complete the McGill Library Borrowing Card Application Form, and bring your consortial card and a photo ID to the Library Services Desk of any McGill branch library (excluding the Rare Books & Special Collections Library, the McGill Archives, or the Geographic Information Centre) during regular service hours.
- For information on how to obtain a consortial card, contact the library of your home university.
- Students and faculty members from a university in Quebec or Ontario may return items borrowed from the McGill Library to the library of their university.
- For information about borrowing privileges, please see here.