Faculty and students from Quebec universities & faculty from CEGEPs
Please note: Due to the library’s closure during Covid-19, in-person borrowing by faculty and students from other institutions is not currently available.
- If you have a BCI (Bureau de Coopération Interuniversitaire) consortial card you may obtain a McGill Library Borrowing Card. Note: The McGill Library Borrowing Card you receive does not provide remote access to the Library’s electronic resources.
- To obtain a BCI card:
- University faculty and students: contact the library of your home university
- CEGEP faculty: forward a letter from your academic dean directly to the BCI Research Officer in accordance with BCI procedures documentation (p.7-8). The BCI card enables CEGEP faculty to obtain borrowing privileges at all Quebec university libraries according to the policies in place at each institution.
- To obtain your McGill Library Borrowing Card, please complete the McGill Library Borrowing Card Application Form, bring your BCI card and your current university photo ID to the Library Services Desk of any McGill branch library (excluding the Rare Books & Special Collections Library, the McGill Archives, or the Geographic Information Centre) during regular service hours.
- Faculty members and 3rd year Masters of Divinity students of the Montreal School of Theology who don’t already have a McGill ID may request a McGill Library Borrowing Card on presentation of a letter from the School. This arrangement is valid to August 31, 2022.
- For information about borrowing privileges, please see here.