Fill out our online form.
Alternately, email your publication's PDF and its citation to escholarship.library [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Deposit%20request) . We will check the publisher permissions and will upload it on your behalf.
That's it! The publication will be live on eScholarship@McGill.
There's no limit on the number of items you may deposit.
Types of accepted material
We accept publications from McGill faculty, students, and researchers including:
- journal articles (preprints, accepted manuscripts, or the published version, depending on which version is permitted by the publisher)
- conference papers/presentations
- working papers
- technical reports
- research reports
- books and book chapters
- other scholarly contributions as appropriate
For additional information regarding materials we accept, please download the PDF (124 KB) of our
We handle the embargo periods for journal publications, ensuring it does not appear on the site until the appropriate time.
Email your publication and citation to escholarship.library [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Deposit%20request) (eScholarship) immediately upon acceptance.
- Theses are submitted to eScholarship@McGill via the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS).
- GPS authorizes the release of theses to the Library after ensuring all requirements are met.
- Theses are available online within a few weeks after graduation.
- Theses are fully catalogued and appear in the Library Catalogue as well as Library and Archives Canada Theses Canada portal.
For information on converting your thesis to pdf/a please refer to the following page in the IT Knowledge Base:
Please review the "How to make your PDF accessible" guide.